To all war-zoners

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Im just now getting over a bad sinus infection and have realized something:

I know at times we all get into heated debates, but in the end we want the same outcome in theory, just not the same format.

Lately its been a little worse around here(even before warner's announcement) but, personally Ive been a little over the top in some discussions in the last week or two.

I like the war zone on the debate side, but not the fanboy arguing, shot across the bow posting that sometimes results.

We are passionate, but sometimes this gets the best of us. I actually put a negative comment about Vurbano in my signature, when I generally try not to do idiotic things like that. Its immature and Im old enough to know better.

Long story short, I have been very irritable while sick and a little overboard lately and wanted to apologize to all involved, even to Vurbano. I never should have put that insult in my signature. While Im not the only guy here that has been over the top, I do admit i've been a prick in a few posts due to being irritable. I do not go into the PIT for these very reasons, and I do NOT want this place to reflect a PIT mentality.

So, Im over it and in better spirits, just didnt want people to think I act like this all the time. And I do not feel any of us need to act like this to get our point across. Before you post, think about it from the other guys POV, its all a matter of perspective.

I know at times we all get into heated debates, but in the end we want the same outcome in theory, just not the same format.

Lately its been a little worse around here(even before warner's announcement) but, personally Ive been a little over the top in some discussions in the last week or two.

I like the war zone on the debate side, but not the fanboy arguing, shot across the bow posting that sometimes results.

We are passionate, but sometimes this gets the best of us. I actually put a negative comment about Vurbano in my signature, when I generally try not to do idiotic things like that. Its immature and Im old enough to know better.

Long story short, I have been very irritable while sick and a little overboard lately and wanted to apologize to all involved, even to Vurbano. I never should have put that insult in my signature. While Im not the only guy here that has been over the top, I do admit i've been a prick in a few posts due to being irritable. I do not go into the PIT for these very reasons, and I do NOT want this place to reflect a PIT mentality.

So, Im over it and in better spirits, just didnt want people to think I act like this all the time. And I do not feel any of us need to act like this to get our point across. Before you post, think about it from the other guys POV, its all a matter of perspective.

Actually besides your banter with Vurb, You have been about the most level headed here. LOL.

And btw. We all eventually fall into the immature phase occasionally (I do mainly when I am drinking) so don't sweat it.

:D

Glad you are feeling better.

Actually besides your banter with Vurb, You have been about the most level headed here. LOL.

And btw. We all eventually fall into the immature phase occasionally (I do mainly when I am drinking) so don't sweat it.

:D

I know, I generally never let Vurbano bug me because Ive been on the sat forums awhile and just know how he is. No biggie.

If Im the most level headed, we are in deep **it. :D

I know, I generally never let Vurbano bug me because Ive been on the sat forums awhile and just know how he is. No biggie.

If Im the most level headed, we are in deep **it. :D

Well you have been a lot more open to discussion since the WB switch thats for sure. Impressed me quite a bit.

Well you have been a lot more open to discussion since the WB switch thats for sure. Impressed me quite a bit.

Well, things had gotten so argumentative over here, I had tried to state what I felt was obvious in december and that was that the switch was coming. I made a statement that Id prob avoid the WZ until after WB made a choice. Happened a lot quicker than I thought.

Im was really hoping we could get off the whos gonna win argument, but its still here.

That 1080p quote is like Al Gore and the internet.

Yup, Had stated that before myself :p

You know I really wish that Sony would hire a PR firm to do the talking for them. That way people wouldn't have as much to bash them with.

You know I really wish that Sony would hire a PR firm to do the talking for them.
It ain't that easy...
You know what they say about people: The first half of your life you work on establishing your image, the second half this image works for you.

It probably applies to companies, too. In a different time frame.

Diogen.

That would be like Sony saying they ended the Digital Age.

Its Al's claim to fame. he will milk it forever.

Without starting a political fight. Al Gore NEVER said he invented the Internet. He said he was responsible for bringing it to the commercial world and pushing for its deployment to the greater population instead of it being just for Defense/Scientific community. He saw the potential for what it could be and what we are doing here is the result (maybe not totally). The "invented the Internet" was coined by the VRWC and repeated over and over to make him look like a liar and an idiot and they succeeded. Meanwhile, the
real liar and idiot got "elected" and it's been downhill since.

If the guy from Sony actually verbally said they invented 1080p then they ARE liars.

And Al is NOT milking it. The Republicans are still milking it just like that mushroom cloud they keep promising

Al Gore NEVER said he invented the Internet.
True. He used the word "created" instead of "invented":
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet" Gore said when asked to cite accomplishments that separate him from another Democratic presidential hopeful, former Sen. Bill Bradley of New Jersey, during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN on March 9, 1999.
Transcript: Vice President Gore on CNN's 'Late Edition' - March 9, 1999

Diogen.

Without starting a political fight. Al Gore NEVER said he invented the Internet. He said he was responsible for bringing it to the commercial world and pushing for its deployment to the greater population instead of it being just for Defense/Scientific community. He saw the potential for what it could be and what we are doing here is the result (maybe not totally). The "invented the Internet" was coined by the VRWC and repeated over and over to make him look like a liar and an idiot and they succeeded. Meanwhile, the

If the guy from Sony actually verbally said they invented 1080p then they ARE liars.

And Al is NOT milking it. The Republicans are still milking it just like that mushroom cloud they keep promising

Hold your horses there. I believe in Global warming. And I vote Dem. (I even voted for gore).

He got the funding for the Internet approved, But he did actually say That. Just like Strom Thurman invented the wheel. *another joke*
But People say stupid things some times and well thats funny, and if you cannot laugh then there are other problems. :D

If you werent looking for a political fight you shouldn't have said this. We never ragged on democrats, we were raggin on Sony and Al Gore ;)

+1

True. He used the word "created" instead of "invented":

Transcript: Vice President Gore on CNN's 'Late Edition' - March 9, 1999

Diogen.[/QUOTE

Thanks. Poor choice of words CREATED but they used the old sledgehammer on him and twisted his words. Yes...it was called ARPANET and created by the DOD so in case of nukes all the regional mainframes had their data transferred via IP. He lobbied for more mass usage. But it doesnt matter. The dickheads bludgeoned him anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts