Michael Bay Insults HD-DVD Fanboys

Wow, Bay takes himself way too seriously. He probably thinks the film had a great script and wonderful acting. NEWS FLASH ! The film, in any format, is nothing more than eye candy to show off your system to your friends or entertain your 10 yr. olds. Does he realize most folks watch his flix for the special effects and nothing more. Someone needs to tell the brillant director h:confused:is film ranks right up there with other classics, oh, say Waterworld !

He probably thinks the film had a great script and wonderful acting.
I don't think he does.
In his circles money making abilities is all that counts.

I suspect they couldn't agree on terms with Paramount to make Transformers 2 and he's lashing out...
Maybe Sony will foot the bill for his next movie?

But regardless of what studio will do it, by the time he's back to work, he will tone down his rhetoric.
Even Spielberg, who has 10 times the pull Bay does, keeps his mouth shut most of the time.

I suspect Bay might really have drinking problems...

Diogen.

Bay is probably like most in Hollywood and does not have a real insite into what the technologies involved really are. He probably saw a demo of AVC at a higher bit rate than the VC-1 used on HD-DVD. The AVC probably looked better because all the differences were pointed out in the demo.

BD does have the advantage of being able to use higher bit rates, but that does not mean that Paramount would have spent the $$ to encode the movie a second time for BD. They probably would have done a single VC-1 for both formats at the same bitrates so the image would have been identical. If Paramount was BD only, they may have done AVC at a higher bit rate and had a slightly better picture. But, since they went HD-DVD exclusive we will never know what they would have done.

lol, nice.

But back to vurbs statement, I shouldnt be suprised, but are we to assume that everyone who doesnt agree with his view is an alcoholic?

No just that when he has nothing better to say he resorts to what are supposed to be witty one liners. Every message board has its share of Vurbanos. And he is not the only one here he is just getting more than his share of heat lately.

No just that when he has nothing better to say he resorts to what are supposed to be witty one liners. Every message board has its share of Vurbanos. And he is not the only one here he is just getting more than his share of heat lately.
True, he is upset, or so it seems. Get over it, in the end its only TV

Bay was drinking when he initially trashed HD DVD. His story has changed to "it was late 1:30 am and I just had dinner with some BD fanboys". If you followed these events you would know this. Of, course dinner at 1:30 am probably involved a lot of Alcohol. But then every forum has its share of Geronimos with nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

True, he is upset, or so it seems. Get over it, in the end its only TV

Its both sides though. "HD-DVD = Putrid trash". Completely untrue and uninformed.

I go over board bashing Sony sometimes. *I have been trying to restrain myself :)*

But really the Blue side on this forum has a higher presence and it has a pile on effect against anyone with a different opinion. makes some people very bitter.

Its both sides though. "HD-DVD = Putrid trash". Completely untrue and uninformed.

I go over board bashing Sony sometimes. *I have been trying to restrain myself :)*

But really the Blue side on this forum has a higher presence and it has a pile on effect against anyone with a different opinion. makes some people very bitter.
It happens on both sides for sure.

SOME just take it farther than others I guess.:)

I follow a lot of things Vurbano including your ability to mix apples and oranges and think that no one will notice. Personally i think that in the recent incident--the one that the thread is supposed to be about ---that he is entitled to his opinion but that he was classless in how he expressed it.

You are getting dumped on lately. In a sense i feel sorry for you bit given your tendency to attack anyone who disagrees with you in any way (and that is common on message boards---including this one) it is understandable. I suspect though that in a few weeks someone else will be the target of the day.

Bay is also a conspiracy theorist:

Bay writes, "Microsoft wants both [HD DVD and Blu-ray] formats to fail so they can be heroes and make the world move to digital downloads. That is the dirty secret no one is talking about. That is why Microsoft is handing out $100 million dollar checks to studios just [to] embrace the HD DVD and not the leading, and superior Blu Ray [sic]. They want confusion in the market until they perfect the digital downloads. Time will tell and you will see the truth."

I follow a lot of things Vurbano including your ability to mix apples and oranges and think that no one will notice. Personally i think that in the recent incident--the one that the thread is supposed to be about ---that he is entitled to his opinion but that he was classless in how he expressed it.

You are getting dumped on lately. In a sense i feel sorry for you bit given your tendency to attack anyone who disagrees with you in any way (and that is common on message boards---including this one) it is understandable. I suspect though that in a few weeks someone else will be the target of the day.
No apples and oranges here chief. Now go shoot some buffalo or something

Insult people all you want Vurbano. But you paint a very large target on yourself and your posts turn people off to the viewpoints you express. as others have said you are not the only one that is ahopeless fan boy but you are one of the more extreme cases.

Bay may have indeed been out drinking with the BD crowd and they may have filled his head with the virtues of BD. After his blog Paramount probably filled his pockets with the virtues of extolling HD-DVD. Now that he sees his movie and $$ going to a losing format, he wants back in to BD.

No apples and oranges here chief. Now go shoot some buffalo or something

Insult people all you want Vurbano. But you paint a very large target on yourself and your posts turn people off to the viewpoints you express. as others have said you are not the only one that is ahopeless fan boy but you are one of the more extreme cases.
Plus, the immature posts like this do nothing to help you out either IMO

I am not sure which of us you are calling immature but we are all entitled to our opinions. My only comment si on how some people express theirs. if that is immature so be it.

but I suspect that it is time to put any personal issues aside and discuss the thread topic. I did move the thread away from that and for that I apologize.

I am not sure which of us you are calling immature but we are all entitled to our opinions. My only comment si on how some people express theirs. if that is immature so be it.

but I suspect that it is time to put any personal issues aside and discuss the thread topic. I did move the thread away from that and for that I apologize.
I apologize, i started to clarify after I posted but didnt.
I meant the "chief" comment. Not you.

I am all for different opinions, thats what makes it all interesting, but when the argument breaks down to the point where one has to get personal it's childish.

There's not a single forum in this site this dude has made his inmature , racists or non sense"remarks" unconfortable to someone , The ignore feature work like a charm with "guys" like him.;)

Last edited:
There's not a single forum in this site this dude has make his inmature , racists or non sense"remarks" unconfortable to someone , The ignore feature work like a charm with "guys" like him.;)
like who:confused:
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts