Michael Vick Wins Courage Award?!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
The Ed Block Courage award "honors those National Football League players who exemplify commitments to the principles of sportsmanship and courage." And, apparently, Mike Vick.

Every team selects one player as their annual recipient. This year, the Browns voted for Mike Furrey, for his tireless work with local charities. The Jaguars voted for Richard Collier, for staying strong in the face of his paralysis. The Eagles voted — unanimously — for Michael Vick, for not killing any more dogs this year.

Vick was humbled....

"I've had to overcome a lot, more than probably one single individual can bear," Vick said. "Take a look at what I've been through. You ask certain people to walk in my shoes, they probably couldn't do it — probably 95 percent of the people in this world."

Yeah, it's tough being Vick. Who else could balance the twin burdens of playing pro sports and not committing any felonies? :rolleyes:

Vick wins Ed Block Courage Award | Philadelphia Inquirer | 12/23/2009

I'm not going here, I'm in too good of a mood.

Just got engaged, also just got some fantastic news regarding an illness my mom has been going through, Rangers are on a four game winning streak, it's Christmas Eve, and on Saturday we fly to Cabo San Lucas.

Michael Vick, enjoy your award.

Sandra

Last edited:
The Ed Block Courage award "honors those National Football League players who exemplify commitments to the principles of sportsmanship and courage." And, apparently, Mike Vick.

Every team selects one player as their annual recipient. This year, the Browns voted for Mike Furrey, for his tireless work with local charities. The Jaguars voted for Richard Collier, for staying strong in the face of his paralysis. The Eagles voted — unanimously — for Michael Vick, for not killing any more dogs this year.

Vick was humbled....

Yeah, it's tough being Vick. Who else could balance the twin burdens of playing pro sports and not committing any felonies? :rolleyes:

What a nice guy!

angel_dog0.jpg

You didn't write this line, right?

Such an oversimplification can only make the author look ignorant or just reveal their agenda. Dude has done his time, people without a PETA badge need to move on.

People are going to use this just to tee off on him again.

Vick was humbled....

Ya, nobody could handle walking in your shoes ........
Your pathetic if you accept this.

If I were in your shoes, I would have declined being included in this .......

In the grand scheme of things, it is. Funding the operation is worse, it just doesn't make for the sexy or shocking headline the way some of you have used it in this thread.

Just let it go and move on.

What has Vick done this year that merit ANY notoriety ?

He barely got on the field, what has he done OFF the field that he wasn't TOLD to do ?

Um, dog is on the menu in some places dude, and im sure people have made pets of all of those animals, some types more than others.

It's only an inciteful topic if you make it out to be. It's a non-story, leave it alone.

Vick was humbled....

I find you comments interesting considering you have NEVER had the pressure to perform in professional sports AND have never had to face FEDERAL felony charges, jailed and PROVE you deserve a 2nd chance. Alot of people talk....but until you are in the same situation, you have NO CLUE what you are talking about. I have never been in that spot, don't know how I would act, and hope I never will be in his shoes!

...let's hope you never have to be in that spot....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts