Micro adjust on a 1.2M Fortec Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OCGW

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
In Oregon's Rogue Valley
I bought a 1.2M Fortec dish from the folks at Sadoun ( my second Fortec Dish), I have the things set up and working pretty good, My question is has anyone devised a way to attach a Micro adjust of some type to this style of dish? I must add they are both running SG-2100 motors.

Dealing with this thing myself and juggling with the 4 bolts on the motor and not having the thing get away from me is an adventure. And the same can be said for the dish elevation adjustment also.

I tried to search the forum an only come up with C-band mount ideas.

I would appreciate any ideas or even pictures of what others have tried.

JsatTV and his Fortec elevation adjustment

I think JsatTV had some trouble with his 1m Fortec dish, last year.
Here is a list of threads where we discussed his elevation adjustment problem, and possible solutions:

JsatTV and his trouble with elevation adjustment on Fortec dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-fortec-star-dish-elevation-2.html#post889050
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-re-fine-tuning-1-meter-fortec-star-dish.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...h-stab-hh-120-motor-tips-lessons-learned.html

Some of the content was on-line brainstorming, so you really need to read all the way through to the end to get the full story.
Hope it's of some help.

edit: also check out this picture by DirtyShame.
He got some elevation screw adjustment pretty cleverly.

Last edited:
Sir Anole, I greatly appreciate the links and info... I figured this topic had been discussed at great length here, but couldn't locate it when I searched. Thank You:)

Oh, I remember now.
The reason for the complicated setup with JsatTV, was he had a motor with the shaft sticking up !
DirtyShame and others, used motors with the shaft sticking down, and there are several variations on his idea floating around!
A 1.2 m is a pretty big dish to put on a 2100, but we have folks who've put heavy Primestars on 'em.
Plenty of ideas in the 2100/Primestar discussion threads (one of which has that DirtyShame post in it, above).
Let us know if you don't find the other threads...

Also, for others reading this post, SatelliteAV sells a GeoSatPro 1.2m dish with a big long elevation screw.
example picture, and it's reversible so you can put the screw at the top or bottom of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)