GEOSATpro Micro died last night

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Sat down to watch TV last night to find my micro just endlessly reboots. Still running the 009 SW since it worked fine for me. Just blinks the splash screen and back to the red LED then green and the cycle repeats. No changes done or editor use or anything, just watching TV. Doesn't seem to recognize USB if a memory stick inserted. Same if coax disconnected.

Just swapped the cables back onto my Diamond and all works fine from the switches and dishes.

Guess I'll need to order a rescue cable and go inside. Disappointed it only lasted 2 months.

Sorry to hear of the problem! Did you build your current channel list using the satellite list that was included with firmware version 0.0.09 or had you loaded a .udf file based on a previous firmware build?

Once you have the ttl / serial cable, please extract the existing .udf file for our analysis before loading fresh files.

I ordered the cable and expected delivery is Friday 9-21 from Niagara Falls, NY.

Thanks for the response Brian, it's all part of the fun learning.

(My channel list is just what I have scanned in over the past 2 months, only names changed with remote after some initial editor trial dislike.)

Are you still running the original Factory Firmware? If not, what version? Are you using the original satellite list that was provided with the firmware that you are using?

I have just been informed that SatelliteGuys Staff member KE4EST and WALLYHTS have got together and created a solution to this issue and you can fix it without ordering a cable from China. :)

If your interested and need their help please PM them and they can help you out. :)

I understand this solution is approved by SatelliteAV.

I have just been informed that SatelliteGuys Staff member KE4EST and WALLYHTS have got together and created a solution to this issue and you can fix it without ordering a cable from China. :)

If your interested and need their help please PM them and they can help you out. :)

That's interesting.

Does it involve a large hammer?

The first smaller batch will start shipping Friday (21) or Monday (24). The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] larger batch will be here around October 1[SUP]st[/SUP]. The final assembly of cable is performed here In the United States. All cables are tested twice by both me and KE4EST. You will also get a CD with all software, drivers and a few custom maps. We will both go out of are ways to make sure you get your micro back up and running. Please ask any questions you may have.

Mine died last night after less than 2 weeks of use.Do I need to try an fix or just trash it?Please pm me the cost or will the ones off fbay work.THANKS

billay said:
Mine died last night after less than 2 weeks of use.Do I need to try an fix or just trash it?Please pm me the cost or will the ones off fbay work.THANKS

Please describe what has happened so we can advise. Kinda vague on your situation...

Does it power on?
Power cycle?
Any LEDs light?
Were you watching programming?
Searching for channels?
Loading files?
Lightning storm?
Power surge?

Keeps rebooting continuously been working great Searching for channels on 61 all we scrambled so deleated all channels an that killed it .no big deal go back to coolsat 8100.I think I can fix seller is sending me a cable. THANKS

How did you delete the channels? What menu? Only deleting Satellite 61w channels, TV channels, Radio channels or all channels? Was this the only satellite active in the list or were multiple satellites active?

TV channel lists, one at a time ,tv only ,17 active Satellites.When I deleted the last channel on 61w it rebooted an never came back just reboots after the start screen.They were no radio channels. THANKS

TV channel lists, one at a time ,tv only ,17 active Satellites.When I deleted the last channel on 61w it rebooted an never came back just reboots after the start screen.They were no radio channels. THANKS

This makes no sense as we delete channels on our test units by the hundreds or thousands each day.

Please use the cable being provided to you to save a copy of the .udf file and either PM with your email address or provide your reseller with a file copy to send us for review.

Here's a quick video on removing the microHD top and how to hook the USB up to the pin header. It also shows the microHD jumper cable if you already bought a USB TTL cable.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't had any problems yet. is that adapter shown at the end of the video an item that would connect to a standard usb to db9 connector used on the openbox for example? thanks, charlie

Received my USB TTL cable the other day. Downloaded and installed the driver and verified new COM port to be used. Set up for 5V. So far no luck in communicating with the microHD with the Ali Editor.

Noticed even when it is powered just from the USB alone it still is rebooting itself, evidenced by the cycling of the LED. The program never gets past the serial port test and will not upload or download ABS, UDF files either way. Any need to set the default size of the selected file in the menu or leave it at "0"?

I might try my older PC later to try to resolve if it is the USB driver, the PC, the TTL interface or the receiver itself.

The USB I have came with several different cables and was necessary to remove the plastic terminal covers ends to fit the header. I then used tape to keep the terminal pins from accidentally shorting because they almost touch when inserted.

Corrado said:
Received my USB TTL cable the other day. Downloaded and installed the driver and verified new COM port to be used. Set up for 5V. So far no luck in communicating with the microHD with the Ali Editor.

Noticed even when it is powered just from the USB alone it still is rebooting itself, evidenced by the cycling of the LED. The program never gets past the serial port test and will not upload or download ABS, UDF files either way. Any need to set the default size of the selected file in the menu or leave it at "0"?

I might try my older PC later to try to resolve if it is the USB driver, the PC, the TTL interface or the receiver itself.

The USB I have came with several different cables and was necessary to remove the plastic terminal covers ends to fit the header. I then used tape to keep the terminal pins from accidentally shorting because they almost touch when inserted.

What cable did you order?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)