GEOSATpro Micro HD ABLE TO RECORD BUT NOT TO PLAY

Vondertrenk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Canada
Hi Guys
I have noticed that I am not able to play any movie from memory sticks or HD with the MicroHD. I can record movies; I recorded a CBC documentary (107W) but was not later able to watch it. The microHD player, does not even show any file in the momeory stick, it is like it were empty. However I knew I recorded it becasue I unplugged it from the microHD and plugged on my Samsung Smarthub TV and watched it. It recorded perfectly. Why am I not able to watch anything? Am I doing something wrong? Both of my units were updated to the latest FW.

Please describe how you are attempting to watch a DVR recording. Are you selecting the DVR or Video mode in the multimedia player?

I just hit the yellow "DVR" button (lower-middle) of the remote, arrow down to the file I want once my drive wakes up, highlight it, and then hit the "List Ok" button in the middle of the remote.

Do a test recording for 5-10 minutes, and then try to play it right away WITHOUT ejecting the thumbdrive first. See if that works for you. Please let us know either way.

Hi Guys
Sorry I was out, couldn't answer before.
To record, I just push the RC recording button. It seems to start recording. WHen I pushed stop to end, it is not clear if it stops or not.
Then I push the play button and nothing happens. Then I go to MENU, Media Player, it sees the storage device either USB or HD, then I explore it, it does not find any media, neither previously recorded or the one just done. So if the Media Player does not see the files, it cannot play anything.

By the way, I know it records the file ( funny enogu it does not record a single file but multiple 12 minutes files so for an hour clip, it makes up five files) becaue I unplug the USB device and watched the recorded file in my computer.

primestar31 said:
I just hit the yellow "DVR" button (lower-middle) of the remote, arrow down to the file I want once my drive wakes up, highlight it, and then hit the "List Ok" button in the middle of the remote.

Do a test recording for 5-10 minutes, and then try to play it right away WITHOUT ejecting the thumbdrive first. See if that works for you. Please let us know either way.

He has not verified yet that this has been tried. Yellow button on remote FIRST, brings up the recorded files.

Sorry guys, extremely buys in the middle of multiple projects at the moment, NOT ENOUGH TIME TO PLAY. It shall e on the contrary, you sould have been working during the weekends and playing with FTA the rest of the week!

OK, this is my feedback:

I am able to record video files and watch them using the yellow button (DVR) the files can be watched in an external computer also. I am able to play MP3 files using the blue button ( Media). I am not able to play any other media, I have tried AVI, MPG, MKV, etc.
I have also tried different memory sticks and external HD w/o success. Again, I play the recorded files with the yellow button but am not able to watch any other media with none of the two buttons, yellow or blue.

Hope it helps. Again, sorry for the delay to answer back, unfortunately, no work, no money to buy FTA toys :).

In response to your first posts concerning not being able to playback DVR recordings. This has been evidently resolved by reviewing the way that recordings are played. DVR recordings are played by pressing the Yellow RCU key.
Selecting the DVR recording from the list
Pressing the List/OK key to initiate playback.

Now the problem report has changed to the inability to playback other multimedia files. The solution is probably also a review of how you are attempting to playback a multimedia file. Please tell us specifically how are you attempting to playback a specific file type?

AVI Playback Example: Select the VIDEO tab by pressing the SAT/< key in the. Multimedia Player menu.
Select the correct drive path
Select the AVI file
Press the List/OK. key to initiate playback.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)