GEOSATpro Micro Hd not respoding to remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
I just started having a problem with my Micro Hd responding to my remote. I replaced the batteries a couple of times with good ones
and does not help. I have to push any of the keys multiple times before it reacts. Was wondering if onyone else has ran into this problem.
I don't know if it is the remote or the receiver. Thanks for any input.

Al

PS. Any recommendations for replacement receiver.

I just started having a problem with my Micro Hd responding to my remote. I replaced the batteries a couple of times with good ones
and does not help. I have to push any of the keys multiple times before it reacts. Was wondering if onyone else has ran into this problem.
I don't know if it is the remote or the receiver. Thanks for any input.

Al

PS. Any recommendations for replacement receiver.
You can test your remote by turning on a digital camera and aiming the remote at it's lens - you will see flashes of light on the camera screen when you press buttons on the remote if it is working.

I had that issue one time. Another remote had got stuck in the couch cushion and was sending signals that caused the microHD to react strangely when trying to use the remote

I've had some problems with a button sticking on my remote so that's another thing to check. But the best thing is like the other poster says, ie, check the remote with a digital camera as that will also show you if a button is stuck.

Apparantly it must be in the receiver. I check all of my other remotes and they are ok. I checked the Micro Hd remote with a digital camera and shows it is working ok.
I have had this receiver since they first come out. First 50. Probably has something to do with having to push the exit button so many unnessessary times to get rid of the dish moving screen and having to go into antenna setup and back out to go into the tp list without it reverting back to the first satellite. Which are issues they said they will
not fix.
I am going to have to get a new receiver and I doubt very much it will be a Chinese made receiver. Thanks to all of you for your input and help.

AL

Did a Factory Reset twice with power down by pulling the plug in rear and still has same problem.
Makes it really hard to maneuver anywhere with the remote.

AL

Not sure where you are going to get one not made in China. Thousands of those receivers sold, bound to have something go bad here and there. Even if made in the US...cause if you found one I bet the parts used are imported from there. ;)

If you have any fluorescent lights in the same room as the Micro, it can mess with the remote. It could also be crap stuck in the keys, pull the remote apart and clean the contacts on the bottom of the key pad and the contacts on the circuit board with a pink eraser. While you have it apart, check the solder connections on the IR emitter and the crystal [usually a square orange or yellow plastic component] soldered on the circuit board.

If inside all of the parts are all sticky from something being spilled in it you can wash them with warm water and dish soap, just let everything dry completely before you put it back together.

My issue when I ran MicroHD was a remote repeater picking up "noise" in the light spectrum and rebroadcasting it from another room. If any remote repeaters are in use, that can also be a factor, even if there are no remotes in use in the far room where the repeater is used. If memory serves, you can also download MicroHD codes into the Logitech Harmony remotes, and they have a strong signal. My "universal" remote also had a stronger signal when trained BY the original than the MicroHD, so if you can get a learning remote that goes head-to-head, and train it, your problem "may" go away, too. Just a couple ideas. Good luck!

No, I did not reload the firmware. Decided to give up on the receiver and research for a new replacement. Thanks to all for the help.
Too many issues with the receive and just want to move on.

AL

No, I did not reload the firmware. Decided to give up on the receiver and research for a new replacement. Thanks to all for the help.
Too many issues with the receive and just want to move on.

AL

If you want to sell it cheap, I'd be interested in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)