Micro received, my luck..remote not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
Well, as luck would have it, I waited forever for the MicroHD, drove to the border today to get it..connected it all up and the remote doesn't do anything. Different batteries, aimed into camera on iphone to check for IR flash...nothing. Now I'm completely frustrated. I sure hope someone who should see this does.
This time around, I'm not sending the bad remote back to the USA from Canada and I'm not paying any shipping for a new remote. By the time I factor in the cost of gas to go the US and get this thing, I think I'd rather put it behind my truck and run it over and call it a bust.

has anyone else had a dead remote right out of the box? I find it hard to believe....sorry.

Wow that is unfortunate. No I have not heard of anyone having remote problems. If you really don't want to send it back or order another one, maybe you could take it apart and look for cold solder joints or just re-hit a few with a soldering iron, mainly around were the battery connectors are. Maybe Brian will be in soon and can give you his thoughts.

I'm just frustrated, because suddenly I'm remembering back to getting my shiny new Manhattan which was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread only to find it couldn't properly talk to a 22Khz switch to move my dish around. After this long, there still isn't proper support for it. So I had such high hopes for this new one and I'm off to a very poor start again.
Brian will likely have some good suggestions, but the only thing that will really solve the issue is just having a new remote sent to me.

I am sorry to hear of this problem and your frustration. Always willing to work with someone who is willing to work with us! I understand that we are closed today and you are unable to call our team for support, but no need to destroy or trash the unit.

Does the power button blink red when any key is depressed?

To rule out any battery issues, did you verify that the original or replacement batteries power another device?

Be sure to verify that the positive battery terminal is contacting the connector. Some AAA batteries have stub positive terminals that might not contact in some devices.

If the RCU is determined to be defective, please call our support team on Monday. I am sure that they will directly ship a replacement with minimal hassle or delay.

We have a great support team and we are here to provide excellent support. Let's see what can be done to resolve!

Batteries are all fine. However, I get no red light at all when the power button is depressed. I've removed the cover to have a look, and things look good to me. If I short a connector I do get a red light, but it appears when any of the buttons are pressed, no signal gets to the board. So I know power is getting to the board at least.
I've cooled down, and the unit will just have to sit and wait until I get a new remote.

The Power key on the remote should rapidly blink when any RCU key is depressed. At least you were able to confirm that the batteries terminals are making contact. If you have confirmed the batteries are adequately charged by testing in another device, there is really nothing else to simply check or correct.

Let the support team member know that you did trouble shooting with me on the forum.

Sorry again about the remote malfunction and the frustration!

Well, as luck would have it, I waited forever for the MicroHD, drove to the border today to get it..connected it all up and the remote doesn't do anything. Different batteries, aimed into camera on iphone to check for IR flash...nothing. Now I'm completely frustrated. I sure hope someone who should see this does.
This time around, I'm not sending the bad remote back to the USA from Canada and I'm not paying any shipping for a new remote. By the time I factor in the cost of gas to go the US and get this thing, I think I'd rather put it behind my truck and run it over and call it a bust.

has anyone else had a dead remote right out of the box? I find it hard to believe....sorry.
Do you happen to have a Coolsat 8000 remote in your stockpile, it works for basic functions. :)

I'll be picking mine up this week at my local dealer, 10 minute drive or so, if remote is bad I'll just go back. I love having a local dealer for my av stuff.

I need to now thank Brian and his support team for dealing with my remote issue so well. I obviously flew off the handle when I found out I couldn't even try my new receiver for a dead remote. But there's a new replacement remote shipping out of the Canadian distributor and will arrive in just a couple days. Can't ask for much better than that. It'll just give me plenty of time to clean the dust from where my Manhattan "used" to sit.

Great news, I told roger to put some extra remotes aside he said he will.

Nice scanning, easy to use, so far I am very happy, this unit replaced my Manhattan as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts