GEOSATpro MicroHD boot loop software...

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Been a long while since I fixed the MicroHD boot loop issue I had a long time ago. Gave the MicroHD to a friend of mine and it looks like he managed to get it boot-looped not long after getting it home. He's bringing it back and I am hoping to fix it... but I can't remember what software is used to run the USB/TTL cable and upload the firmware. Spent quite a bit of time looking for information on this site and GeosatPro, coming up with a lot of 404s etc.Have latest firmware but not sure if it will update via USB, will likely have to use the cable.
Anyone have a good link for the info, or can send me the files etc? Would be most grateful!
-C.

Thank you Mike! Exactly what I was looking for. He might be dropping by today with the receiver so I should be ready to go when he gets here.
Will have to tell him once again... DO NOT MESS WITH THE SATELLITE LIST!! :)

Reactions: KE4EST
Got it going yesterday, think the fault may have been a loose rear RF connector. Soldered the connector to the chrome RF enclosure and circuit board on the bottom. Re-loaded the firmware and channel list via the TTL-USB cable. Played for at least an hour without a hitch.
Still an awsome little receiver. Hope he gets many more years out of it!

Well, I would have... but he is a retired electrical engineer who designed the multicoupler system for our local national network broadcast site... It's actually a work of art, likely the most awesome piece of RF plumbing I have ever seen. It allowed 3 TV stations to share the same TV antenna at full power (150Kw) with almost no reflection. Since the ATSC changeover though, it's no longer in use.
I have learned much him regarding RF hardware. So... no I didn't tell him not to over-tighten the connector.
It is more likely that I had over-tightened the connector myself in the past,and just didn't notice or realize that before giving him the receiver!
It's still working so all is good! :)

crank down the coax connector

Reactions: KE4EST
Well, I finally got a boot loop because I deleted some transponders before the channels. Now my problem is Windows 10 updated the driver and it won't allow me to flash the receiver. Does anyone know how to get around this, have an older driver or know if I can flash using a Mac?

I should never have upgraded from Windows 7. The problem is that Windows 10 automatically installs the latest driver and it won’t work. I’m trying to find an old Prolific driver package to install at least once because Windows 10 will continue to update it to the newer one.

I should never have upgraded from Windows 7. The problem is that Windows 10 automatically installs the latest driver and it won’t work. I’m trying to find an old Prolific driver package to install at least once because Windows 10 will continue to update it to the newer one.
Maybe it made a System Restore Point, and you can restore the original driver if you want?

Reactions: Lone Gunman
I looked in the folders where the drivers are and can’t find anything but the latest one. I’m thinking that the upgrade from 7 to 10 got rid of the old stuff so a restore point are only recent ones, not an old one I need. Microsoft gave the free 10 upgrade from 7 because they no longer offer 7 support. Had I known....

All is not lost. Many years my mother gave me her old IBM Aptiva with XP on it. All I have to do is dig it out and fire it up. Regardless of what the wife says, never throw anything out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)