microHD Development: Feature Requests

The satellite that you were on before entering the menu is the default for satellite selection. We are looking into a method to modify so satellite selection made within a menu carries between the menus,

In the mean time, how about a scan button on the sat setup menu?
When performing mass entry, why mess around with the STB menus. Much simpler and quicker to use the channel editor on you computer!

I had my mac with me. I'll give 'er a try with a PC next time I'm at the Sat house.

Not currently supporting Dish Network switches.

Possibly in a future version, but less and less legacy switches are around....

The SW-21 would give me a third level of switching. My GEOSATPRO DVR1100C could operate SW-21 and I could cascade with DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, and 22k giving quite a bit of flexibility. They are not just from Dish Network. They are also sold by DMS and Digiwave.
Would it take a hardware change or could the switch codes be added to a FW update?

Will need to determine if the chipset supports 125kps serial control for SW switches. Not high priority as SW switches are rarely used for FTA.

how about appending a date to the name of the .abs, .ddf or .udb files when backing those files up before doing a firmware upgrade? (i.e. instead of backing up the filename "userdb.udf", it would back it up as "userdb-071112.udf" when you do a backup of that file with the microhd date of july 11, 2012.) Conversely, have the left/right arrows allow you to find and use the file with the appended date you want if you do a restore of a particular file to the microhd instead of only being able to restore a file only called "userdb.udf".

It would help in not having to take the USB drive to the PC to rename the files so they won't get overwritten the next time a backup is done from the update/backup section of the microhd.

how about appending a date to the name of the .abs, .ddf or .udb files when backing those files up before doing a firmware upgrade? (i.e. instead of backing up the filename "userdb.udf", it would back it up as "userdb-071112.udf" when you do a backup of that file with the microhd date of july 11, 2012.) Conversely, have the left/right arrows allow you to find and use the file with the appended date you want if you do a restore of a particular file to the microhd instead of only being able to restore a file only called "userdb.udf".

It would help in not having to take the USB drive to the PC to rename the files so they won't get overwritten the next time a backup is done from the update/backup section of the microhd.

This feature was incorporated into the new Optibox Gekko I recently tested. When dumping a file it automatically named it by date in a window that you could change to anything as long as you kept the .ext the same.
When reloading it would accept any name you gave it during editing as long as the .ext was the same. This is one of the features of this troubled receiver that actually did work well.

I know the Geosat 200 labels the USB dump (for channels) the date on the clock. So it would say something like
"0711121100"

• hover shows TP. When in the channel list menu you currently have to select a channel for the TP/SR info at the bottom to update. It would be nice to have that update as you scroll over a channel

Option not available for development.

I noticed today that this function works when in the channel manager. Scrolling over channels updates TP and PID data

•Is it possible to add a channel to Fav while viewing?

•Is it possible to add a channel to Fav while viewing?
Nice idea.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

From my list of unnecessary but desired items:

* If there is only one CC stream, then let the red button on the remote serve as an on/off switch, without bringing up a menu.​

* Would like my blind scan choices to remain until I change them. FTA only, detailed scan, that kind of thing. As is, if I select a single polarity it always remains chosen for that bird, which I like.

* It would be nice if I could delete all channels except my favorites. Then I could clean the lint from previous scans more easily. All those dead temporary feeds. I watch everything from a favorites list, that's why this would work for me.​

I'm open to suggestions if I'm just not using the box efficiently. For example, after completing a blind scan, what's the fastest way to get to the new stuff you just found? I'm not by nature a button pusher. :D

For example, after completing a blind scan, what's the fastest way to get to the new stuff you just found? I'm not by nature a button pusher. :D

I've been hitting the "EPG" button after a scan, it brings up the list of channels, and defaults to the LAST channel of the sat you just scanned. Now that I have my hands on a microHD receiver manual (it was posted last night), perhaps there's a better way. But that will work for now.

* Would like my blind scan choices to remain until I change them. FTA only, detailed scan, that kind of thing. As is, if I select a single polarity it always remains chosen for that bird, which I like.
I thought it did that. I know if you change a satellite blind scan to only one polarity it stays on that polarity only. That was one of the "issues" I mentioned in the review that needed fixing ;)

* It would be nice if I could delete all channels except my favorites. Then I could clean the lint from previous scans more easily. All those dead temporary feeds. I watch everything from a favorites list, that's why this would work for me.​

I dont know how many channels are in your list but what I do after scanning a sat like 91W for a couple days
I bring up the channel list
select only 91 (sat button will let you do that)
blue button for edit
then yellow button for "delete all"
then I hit the blue button and undelete the 2 24/7 channels

This is overkill if you only have say 5 channels in the list but when you have say 20 dead feeds its quicker :)

I know if you change a satellite blind scan to only one polarity it stays on that polarity only. That was one of the "issues" I mentioned in the review that needed fixing ;)

Guess we each need options to make certain things stick. In my case, there will come a time soon where I won't want just the single polarity every time any longer. But the other scan types do not stick for me, and I would like them to do so power up to power up. Try it, see if it is the same for you.

delete all puts an "X" on all the channels on the current list but wont delete them until you exit out and say "yes delete"
You can then use the blue button (that says delete) to undelete the channels you want to keep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts