GEOSATpro microHD Editor Software Discussion

Mine should be here today sometime, but I have already imported my openbox list and got it to successfully export as a microHD file.(or so it says) I used the MediaBox Editor to do this. I completely exited the program and fired it back up and told it I wanted to load a microHD file and it loaded right in and looks right. So if if all goes well this will be a smooth transition this evening.

Update on Mediabox Editor Studio - The developer just received a microHD for direct testing of the editor files. We should have a fix shortly.

Ice, where is the "channel change" option located?

what do you mean?

To load a channel list go to "update by USB" and then the 1st option says "allcode"...arrow to user DB and then you can load a saved channel list.
Once its done you have to power off the receiver and then power back on for it to take effect

How do I add transponder info, after I add a new Satellite to the list of satellite using MES? I can't seem to find that option.

Tried to import the satellite list on Mediabox from the MicroHD and I get a ErrorN.9, Subscript out of range! message. It gets stuck in a loop and you have to kill the program.

I'm getting the same error as digiblur. The file I tried Importing is userdb.udf

Tried Mediabox, seems to work but:
userdb.udf stored on USB drive opened and removed some scrambled and unwanted channels and exported again as "number1.udf". Loads in Micro ok but channels are really messed up along with the satellite settings (lnb type, diseqc, etc.).
Tried this twice and same result.
Reloading the original userdb.udf file from the usb drive restores the channel file back to the way I had it perfectly.
Do I need to use the same file name "userdb.udf" after modifying the channel list? Maybe the micro is looking for the particular file name as well as the .udf extension...

MES had released the editor with support based on the original microHD SDK. The current import/export is no longer compatible and the microHD import/export module is currently being rewritten and tested by their team on a microHD sample.

In communications with MES last week they indicated that a release is pending and we would have a new version available soon.

Is there any way to access the MicroHD directly to download files to computer then upload edited files back to it?

I have a USB (Male A to Male A) cable to hook to the MicroHD from the computer (Windows 7) but what program should be ran on the computer to access the MicroHD?

DRCars

DRCars said:
Is there any way to access the MicroHD directly to download files to computer then upload edited files back to it?

I have a USB (Male A to Male A) cable to hook to the MicroHD from the computer (Windows 7) but what program should be ran on the computer to access the MicroHD?

DRCars

I am far from being a PC expert, but since both devices devices are Host USB ports, it is not possible to initiate data transfers via USB ports between the STB and the PC.

You could use an USB to TTL serial adapter and connect to the header port on the PCB. The ALI Editor software will then directly extract and install data files.

The overwhelming silence is partly because there is such a huge amount of non-information at the moment on the media-editor-program- AND the receiver is so new that those who might have an answer are busy with other "stuff". When the new firmware is released, and then the editors are revised, then expect to see better information. There were bugs that were corrected (in the firmware?) that made more problems in the editors. I have been total confused about which file names to update etc. I suggest you starting a brand ne thread with your questions - then you probably will get answers. The other editor seems to work - even though some have said it is too basic or something like that. I finally got that one to work, then my sis-in-law went to the hospital - now at her 4th one - and I have hardly touched FTA since then.

I suppose from all the attention I got from my stupid question that I should set on my tongue and listen! FROM NOW ON THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO!

There's no need to get cranky just because you didn't get an answer. Your question wasn't stupid, and nobody is ignoring you. You know, you can ask any question you want, and you WILL get an answer (perhaps MANY answers) IF somebody knows the answer. Especially on this site, as there's no end of help when they can do so. As rv1pop said, nobody yet has the answer to your question.

Perhaps if you hunt down the answers to another receivers editor program, it'll give you enough info to use this one. Personally so far, I make all my changes using the receiver itself. I want to know what all the changes on the receiver itself do exactly, and that helps me learn the receiver better.

Is there a tutorial for the mediaeditor program or a faq?

Not aware of MES documentation in English. Quite an active forum in Italian. Google translate might yield some pointers.

Once MES is integrated to support the microHD, someone might be up to the task.

Maybe start with ALI Editor to learn Editor basics? I have seen several primers on using the ALI Editor. They might help you through the learning curve.

I suppose from all the attention I got from my stupid question that I should set on my tongue and listen! FROM NOW ON THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO!

don't worry i asked the same question , i belive rv1pop hit it right , the unit is so new everyone is learning so it could take a bit more time to build up information about the editors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts