GEOSATpro microHD Editor Software Discussion

MediaBox doesn't like me. Tried to import Allcode.abs from the micoHD and that gave me an error and locked up the program tight. Had to force a shutdown. Tried twice and same result. popup.. Error N.9, Subscript out of range! ..and frozen
Win 7Pro64bitSP1
Added Userdb.udf does the same thing

Just use the other program provided on the first post. Very easy to use and works great. Plus no installation either.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

We have sent sample files to MES for their review and assistance.

The files have additional timer data when the 12/24 hour manual record default time bug was fixed.

We will get an update from MES as soon as possible.

MediaBox doesn't like me. Tried to import Allcode.abs from the micoHD and that gave me an error and locked up the program tight. Had to force a shutdown. Tried twice and same result. popup.. Error N.9, Subscript out of range! ..and frozen
Win 7Pro64bitSP1
Added Userdb.udf does the same thing

you dont need to do the allcode. Just the userdb or the defaultdb

I didn't get a whole lot of time today to play with the editors . but i did encounter the error (looping that i have to reboot to stop TM won't kill it)
so i was uable to get the MediaBox Editor Studio v1.10 to load .

could someone post the way you got it to work which file you loaded or was it imported ?

got the Ali editor to load the channel list it listed tp channels is there another file that has setup stuff on or did i miss it . I think i tried to get it to load but it waslooking for a ini file .
thanks

Trouble using the editor

I tried to do some editing tonight using the Micro ALi editor.
I exported the userdb.udf and brought it into the editor.
Made a few changes, saved, then export out and back to the Micro.
Pressed update and got a warning that after the FW update all setting will be reset to factory default.
I thought well I'm not doing a FW update so I loaded the file.
But it did indeed wipe everything to day 1.
Whats going on here?
I reloaded the Allcode file I had saved and got back my channels, so not a total loss. But still would like to edit some sats in.

What format did you save the file in the ALI Editor?

What file type did you load by USB?

Did you make sure of the file name matched the Edited file name?

Confused by "exported".

Jim,

I use the Ali editor and when I finished editing the file, I put it on a flash drive and loaded by usb with no problems.
Changed all my sats by location with C and KU together. Hope this helps, but too late now. Do you have a backup
of your setting?
I used the memory stick both ways, upload and download of the userdb.udf file.
AL

What format did you save the file in the ALI Editor? .udf

What file type did you load by USB? userdb.udf

Did you make sure of the file name matched the Edited file name? Yes the same (userdb.udf)

Confused by "exported".

In the ALi editor file list you have a choice of "save" which I assume saves the changes, then "export"
that gets you a "save as" window with .ddf or .udf choice.

Jim,

I use the Ali editor and when I finished editing the file, I put it on a flash drive and loaded by usb with no problems.
Changed all my sats by location with C and KU together. Hope this helps, but too late now. Do you have a backup
of your setting?
I used the memory stick both ways, upload and download of the userdb.udf file.
AL

Al,

Glad you got yours to work, I've done this many times on the Openbox editor which seems the same.
Could you put up your step by step you used to do this?
I must be missing something. I keep getting the erase warning at reload.

Jim,
I did have a problem with AliEditor. When I loaded the file, the editor showed the initial folders in the file tree
but nothing was in them. I downloaded and installed Ali Editor again and is working fine. This is exactly what I did and
it worked fine. Hope this helps.

1. Install flash drive in rear of STB.
2. Save to USB userdb.udf
3. Edit file with AliEditor and save to flash drive
4. Reinstall flash drive in STB
5. Update by USB
6. Select userdb.udf.
7. Start
8. Reboot STB

Jim,
I did have a problem with Ali Editor. When I loaded the file, the editor showed the initial folders in the file tree
but nothing was in them. I downloaded and installed Ali Editor again and is working fine. This is exactly what I did and
it worked fine. Hope this helps.

1. Install flash drive in rear of STB.
2. Save to USB userdb.udf
3. Edit file with Ali Editor and save to flash drive
4. Reinstall flash drive in STB
5. Update by USB
6. Select userdb.udf.
7. Start
8. Reboot STB

Al,

When I brought my list into the editor I had all my sats, tps, and chs. my first try and several re-trys.
I'm good with the loading and editing, but can you expand on the exact steps of save back to flash drive. This maybe where I'm doing something wrong.
When I load back into the receiver it warns this FW update will wipe all my data!? and does indeed. What FW? I thought I was doing a udb update.

thanks

If you do a channel update (.udf) it loads the channels over the existing ones. After it completes you need to power off the receiver and power back on for the update to take effect

Al,

When I brought my list into the editor I had all my sats, tps, and chs. my first try and several re-trys.
I'm good with the loading and editing, but can you expand on the exact steps of save back to flash drive. This maybe where I'm doing something wrong.
When I load back into the receiver it warns this FW update will wipe all my data!? and does indeed. What FW? I thought I was doing a udb update.

thanks

All I did to save the file when done editing it was hit the hit the floppy disc icon below the menus.

Is that what you are looking for?

AL

Jim.
Make sure the screen looks like this when updating this file to STB.

100_3318.JPG

AL

If you do a channel update (.udf) it loads the channels over the existing ones. After it completes you need to power off the receiver and power back on for the update to take effect

Ice, where is the "channel change" option located?

Al, where does the save occur? I don't see anything happen when I do that!

There seems to be alot of questions conserning the microHD editor process.
Can someone please post an easy to understand tutorial or instructions on how to use the microHD editor, and what basically will we be editing and using the editor for Since I do not have a microHD as of yet, is the editor already installed in the unit, or does it have to be manualy installed.

I am trying to be as informed as possible while waiting for the microHD.

Thank You.

PS.. I hope that I am not asking too much, but can some one please post the same information conserning how to download any future software to the microHD.

Thank You twiece.

is the editor already installed in the unit, or does it have to be manualy installed.

I am trying to be as informed as possible while waiting for the microHD.

Thank You.

PS.. I hope that I am not asking too much, but can some one please post the same information conserning how to download any future software to the microHD.

It is not in the STB. You need to download it from this site and open it up on your computer and edit the files on your computer
and reinstall it on you STB via USB.

AL

Can't ask too much and no such thing as dumb questions.

Ok, I edited in a small channel change, saved the file using the "floppy disk" icon, and this loaded into the Micro!

Now I'll be adding in several sats into the next edit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts