GEOSATpro microHD gone wild

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
Yesterday I was updating the Micro HD via satellite and everything looked good. Then I did a USB update using the channel editor and that is when everything went crazy. After rebooting the Micro went loco. The on/off light doesn't stop flickering and the remote does not work. I had to unplug the unit to turn it off. Not sure what to do next.

See here and here for info on how to restore your http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/...ter-udf-Upload Rebooting MicroHD
Thanks for the input Babadem. I must tell you that I just as well pitch the Micro in the of the Atlantic Ocean. That is beyond my capabilities. This Micro is going back to Satellite AV. I do not see any other way around it. I can't imagine screwing up the receiver by up dating Tps and Satellites. I used the alieditor for micro HD that is posted on their website. I can see the MicroHD logo every five second but the remote does not allowed me to do anything withe receiver.

Give our support team a call on Monday after the holiday. We will get this taken care of if you don't feel comfortable updating the file.

Hard to say what happened during the channel list editing. Not typical to hear of a receiver cycling reboot after editing the channel list with the PC ALI Editor..

We installed the latest approved firmware, so this issue should now be resolved.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Merry Christmas!

My micro has been working great with old software (PBS Feeds mostly), and if the need arises I will update the firmware. For some time now; I've been watching the way Brian handles customer issues. I am thoroughly impressed! Satellite AV, and Brian Gohl in particular are part of what make this a great hobby!

We installed the latest approved firmware, so this issue should now be resolved.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
My Micro is been on hold for about 6 weeks now. I upgrade the receiver using the Ali channel editor and....dead on the water again. For what ever reason this receiver does not like tinkering with Sat format. Combining C and Ku sats is not an option. I have to other receivers (Manhattan/Solomend) and this is not an issue. I thought I could fix the problem by using the USB to TTL cable and following the instructions posted on this forum but it has not work for me. Right now I'm not sure what to do next.

We successfully edit and load channel lists dozens of times each week. There are no known issues with current firmware channel lists.

1. Perform a update to latest firmware

2. Perform a Factory Reset

3. DO NOT reload old channel list. Set up and configure satellites

4. Scan in channels (optional)

5. Export user file (.udf)

6. Edit with either the microHD version of ALI Editor or MES

7. Perform Factory Reset

8. Load .udf file

9. Power cycle the microHD

10. Update completed

Thank you Brian for the info but there is one thing I do not understand, where do I find the udf? If you are talking about getting it from the receiver that is going to be a can't do. You see I can't view the receiver on my TV. I did save the factory file when I got my receiver back but since then my computer crashed and lost all that information.

Your last post sounded like the STB was working, but you were unable to edit the channel list. Maybe I read it wrong?

The new .udf may be extracted from the new firmware file using the ALI Editor. We need a complete explanation of how you are attempting to update, the files used and the results.

1. What TTL/USB convertor cable are you using to restore the microHD?

2. Are you using the cable to power the microHD during the update or plugging in the microHD power supply?

3. What file are you attempting to load to restore the microHD?

4. Does this file load? Of so, what happens at the completion of the update?

If you wish to have the receiver restored by our team, please arrange a RMA for the service through your reseller.

Last edited:
What TTL/USB convertor cable are you using to restore the microHD?
USB to TTL 4pin
Are you using the cable to power the microHD during the update or urging in the microHD power supply?
Yes
What file are you attempting to load to restore the microHD?
GSPMHD_0.11_08292012
Does this file load? Of so, what happens at the completion of the update?
When I opened the file I get a computer error (Can't find alieditor_for_microHD/alieditor_for_microHD/lzma.exe). The thing is that when I click OK the file download and soon after it does a flash burn. I can see that it didn't work by looking at the front panel. The light blinks green and then red.
If you wish to have the receiver restored by our team, please arrange a RMA for the service through your reseller.
I rather not do that. You guys already worked on this issue before. I would prefer to try to fix it myself with your help. I like to tinker with my equipment. I like to customize it the way I like. I have done this before with my other units. Never have I ever encounter this problem.

Clarification # 2. Are you using the cable to power the microHD during the update or plugging in the microHD power supply?

A few obvious errors to start with:

1. DO NOT use old firmware prior to version 13. The current firmware is version 16 dated 12/06/2012:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...USB-and-Satellite-Update-(OTA-SSU)-12-20-2012

You can open the ABS file into ALI Editor and select that you are opening or saving this file as a .udf (User Data File).

2. Try the recovery process by loading a new .udf file. Please review this recovery post:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...via-Internal-TTL-Header?p=2963448#post2963448

Last edited:
I'm back running again. Once I reinstalled the userdb_20121103.udf I got my unit to stay on. I uploaded the abs file as well. do have a question for Brian, Why is it that every time I shuffled the C/Ku sats (meaning by orbital positions) the Micro goes into a dead mode?

After the .abs file is loaded, do you perform a factory reset then power cycle the receiver to clear the flash?

What .udf file are you modifying? Is it the new .udf file saved from the STB's current firmware or an older .udf originating before firmware version 13?

What editor program is being used?

Satellites, transponders and channels may be placed in any order then reloaded without issues.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)