GEOSATpro microHD - My settings

I wish Brian would sell these in his Ebay store. That shipping price is way more than I'm willing to pay for a splitter.

That's probably a UPS shipping cost. USPS would probably be cheaper, maybe a lot cheaper. But, some people don't trust USPS.

Sorry, we are set-up to ship cases, pallets and systems. On these smaller retail one-off items, we have a hard time being price competitive.

Google search CTLBD-2P. Good deals on the f-bay w/ free shipping. I'm tired of doing the receiver shuffle...

A few simple suggestions:
Press the exit key at anytime to remove the dish moving message. Note: if performing a channel scan, pressing the exit button before the dish has landed will immediately start the scan process.

Use a 2x1 splitter to slave a second receiver.

Also why the "move dish" pops on when the end user goes to the Motor / Switch settings .. when you are not moving the dish from sat to sat.

And also when one does a blind scan when the dish is already at the sat location.. still shows Move Dish..

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I wish Brian would sell these in his Ebay store. That shipping price is way more than I'm willing to pay for a splitter.

I bought one at ebay for $3.25 shipped and works great with splitting my Azbox and microHd.

Also why the "move dish" pops on when the end user goes to the Motor / Switch settings .. when you are not moving the dish from sat to sat. And also when one does a blind scan when the dish is already at the sat location.. still shows Move Dish.

Because STBs are dumb and they don't know where they are. They only do as they are told.

Many receivers incorrectly assume that they are parked on a specific satellite and do not issue a "GoTo" command. Several other brands start the blind scan process before the dish is in position and the operator must remember to first send the dish to the desired position before performing a blind scan. Both of these issues cannot be addressed by the user pressing exit.

I felt that it is best to issue a "GoTo" command so the dish is always placed into the correct position for the selected satellite and parameter programming. The longer "dish moving" message is due to the way we programmed the process to allow adequate time for the majority of dish movements to complete before initiating a channel scan. The end user has the option to press exit to remove the message, but the process as programmed provides better motor movement procedure and more accurate channel scans.

We all have personal operational preferences. This is one that I where I carefully weighed the options and would rather have scan accuracy and correct motor/switch process over the slight inconvenience of pressing the exit key to speed up the removal on an onscreen display. :D

Because STBs are dumb and they don't know where they are. They only do as they are told.

Many receivers incorrectly assume that they are parked on a specific satellite and do not issue a "GoTo" command. Several other brands start the blind scan process before the dish is in position and the operator must remember to first send the dish to the desired position before performing a blind scan. Both of these issues cannot be addressed by the user pressing exit.

I felt that it is best to issue a "GoTo" command so the dish is always placed into the correct position for the selected satellite and parameter programming. The longer "dish moving" message is due to the way we programmed the process to allow adequate time for the majority of dish movements to complete before initiating a channel scan. The end user has the option to press exit to remove the message, but the process as programmed provides better motor movement procedure and more accurate channel scans.

We all have personal operational preferences. This is one that I where I carefully weighed the options and would rather have scan accuracy and correct motor/switch process over the slight inconvenience of pressing the exit key to speed up the removal on an onscreen display. :D

Hmmm ok. Makes you wonder why only on the microhd this happens and doesnt on other "dumb" FTA brands out there.

Guess some are less dumb and dumber. :what:

Yes, not sure which is dumb and the other dumber... :dead:deadhorse::dead:

As the developer, I can assure you that the optimal motor/switch control and channel scanning with this chipset and hardware configuration is achieved with this implementation. Thought that sharing the reasoning behind the process might provide you with some insight, but you may know better than I how to provide a better user experience with the microHD.

This isn't my first rodeo. :facepalm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)