GEOSATpro MICROHD Reboot/loop fix instructions

It definetely should have been in the stickees above everything else.

Thanks for the link, going to revive the receiver this afternoon.

Cheers, K

No such luck. Getting "failed to get version" when trying to get STB information. Thoughts?

Your cable isn't connecting to the MicroHD. Are you choosing the correct COM port on your pc? That's the most likely problem. You might consider using an older one running Windows XP if not already, but go into Device Manager and confirm your com port. Or try 1 through 5 and see which one works.

The LED will light up as the cable supplies the 5v to power the chipset. This does not indicate that the correct USB port is assigned in the ALI Editor.

If the driver installed correctly, the PC device manager will show the com port assigned to the USB/TTL convertor device. Select this port in the ALI editor.

My guess Kraven is you don't have the com port on the right number, as stated above. I know you are running XP as stated before so if you don't see your serial port com number assignment in Device Manager; keep trying different ones starting at 1 until you hit it.

What OS are you running?

What does device manager list the com port as?

Lets sum up. Each port I tried popped up "port error" (or something to that effect) except for COM3. When I tried to load the latest firmware:
TEST SERIAL PORT STATUS: FINISHED
COLLECT STB Information: Failed to get Version

OS is XP on rarely used laptop (except for Satguys radio streaming).

Is it normal that while connected to USB, the receiver still flashes green/red? I hope its not a total loss since Ive literally used it for less than 2 hrs.

Going to try a W7 laptop tonight.

Cheers, K

1. Did the driver for the serial USB/TTL adapter install properly?

2. Does the PC's device manager detect the adapter and if so what port?

If the device manager does not show the device, it is not recognized and the driver may not have installed. The cycling red/green LEDs will occur if power is applied by either USB or radial power connection, but the serial communication is not made to handshake the STB and the PC.

I believe that the driver has not been installed.

Should see the device listed if the drivers installed.

Attachments

• dm.jpg
    dm.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 320
index.jpegindex.jpegChanged laptops (w7) and the driver installed properly. After that she was smooth sailing on "unlooping" the receiver.

Gotta give credit where its due: A popular saying amongst cusumers is "you get what you pay for". SatelliteAV and company (Brian, Ke4est etc) definetly prove the opposite.
The after sale support for the MicroHD far surpases its price tag.

Thanks again gents,

Cheers, K

Last edited:
Very glad to hear you got it up and running! Now go scan some birds...:)

Oh yeah...that! Another thing I need to go mount.

Buying a tripod tomorrow for the 39" offset. When the little guy goes to sleep, am going to attempt the get thos NBCs on 103w.

Cheers, K

Mine is now doing the loopy thing, just went to update the receiver via the TP on 97W, loaded the update, and yes to re-boot and it won't stop rebooting.
Noting the TTL pins on the circuit board, what is the pinout for these to a DB9 serial? Will try loading the software using this method. What baud rate?
-C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)