GEOSATpro MicroHD Recording Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
I have four timers setup to record, all from the same channel. The times are 1AM 2AM 3AM and 4AM.
The show scheduled for 1AM records fine. The show at 2AM does not record at all.
The show at 3AM only records a few minutes. The show at 4AM records fine.

I checked and rechecked the settings. They are set to record not channel and all have the proper start time and duration.

Also same channel, the 6:30 AM and 8:00AM shows record fine.

Seems like the back to back timers aren't working. Is there a workaround or should I set one timer to record from 1 AM to 5AM?

I have four timers setup to record, all from the same channel. The times are 1AM 2AM 3AM and 4AM.
The show scheduled for 1AM records fine. The show at 2AM does not record at all.
The show at 3AM only records a few minutes. The show at 4AM records fine.

I checked and rechecked the settings. They are set to record not channel and all have the proper start time and duration.

Also same channel, the 6:30 AM and 8:00AM shows record fine.

Seems like the back to back timers aren't working. Is there a workaround or should I set one timer to record from 1 AM to 5AM?

The first thing I would have to wonder is this. If all those shows are on the same channel, and that they start at 1 am, followed by 2 am, etc, then why the need for 4 timer events? Wouldn't one timer event be all that is required in this case? If each show lasted an hour each, then setting the timer at 4 hours plus some extra minutes at 1 am should then cause the recordings to go on from 1 am to just a few minutes after 5 am. The extra minutes are to make sure the last program didn't get cutoff before it actually concluded. That's my logic anyway.

The first thing I would have to wonder is this. If all those shows are on the same channel, and that they start at 1 am, followed by 2 am, etc, then why the need for 4 timer events? Wouldn't one timer event be all that is required in this case? If each show lasted an hour each, then setting the timer at 4 hours plus some extra minutes at 1 am should then cause the recordings to go on from 1 am to just a few minutes after 5 am. The extra minutes are to make sure the last program didn't get cutoff before it actually concluded. That's my logic anyway.

Then I can just convert to mp4 then chop int 4 separate shows then, since separate timers are not working.

Does anyone else have issues with back to back recordings? What about on different channels?

Agreed, Edit the file if you want to archive individual programs. You will probably want to trim up the In/Outs also.

Back to back timers on same or different channels won't trigger if the stop time simultaneously executes with the start time. This is due to coding a one minute advance to wake-up and spin the HDD up to speed and move the dish. Back to back should work fine if you separate them by 1 or 2 minutes. 1::00 - 1:59, 2:00-2:59, etc. Commercials usually playout during these times.

Check out the search engine for micro questions. most if not all have been covered ad nauseam over the past 4 years... :D

H&I seems to not have commercials between shows. I also like to preserve the credits.
I will just split the shows up in post production.

Then I can just convert to mp4 then chop int 4 separate shows then, since separate timers are not working.

And it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off if your editor allows for re encoding sections of the video you want to re encode. I would think at the end of the first show, if you were to then scrub the timeline one frame at a time, you should easily be able to find a blank frame between the end of that show and the beginning of the next one, even though you indicted in another post H&I doesn't appear to have commercials between shows sometimes.

The fix for this is to create a duplicate channel with the same parameters. Then have the first timer record channel 1, and the next timer record channel 2. This way you can even overlap (start early, end late) your timers and they will still record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)