microHD Unresponsiveness Quirk

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
For the last several days, the microHD freezes when entering the Motor/Switch Setting menu. It is only on this menu too. It will stay frozen for 1-2 minutes, then when it releases the signal L and Q will fluctuate through their normal range (say Q=65 to 73) as if they are on fast forward and any remote control entries I'd tried to make will execute in quick succession. It just happened again so I am making this post. After becoming normal, it went back to a froze state and released again.

Anyone see this behavior before? I do have quite a few custom transponders on several additional satellites but I would not consider it excessive. This occasion I entered on 125W tp 12180 V 30000 with good signal lock.

I had this issue occasionally until I swapped out some switches and lnbfs. There was something flaky somewhere.

I would see if it did it with the coax dis-connected from the back. If it still does do a factory reset, and re-load your user file. Mine did this a bit right at first. I had a custom sat list I had made. I finally reset it and started over building my list, it hasn't done it since.

For the last several days, the microHD freezes when entering the Motor/Switch Setting menu.

IIRC from the thread that I think covered this a few weeks ago, it's because the microHD is sending various commands and doing other housecleaning so it seems unresponsive when it fact it's doing something in the background to get ready for user interaction with some of the settings on that screen.

Just an FYI. I have found, that, If you have motor settings set, and channels entered, for any satellites that are not activated, you may experience some problems.
I've found that it is best, in my case, if I keep all the satellites activated that have motor settings. I don't do multiple sat scans, but that would be the only time you'd need to disable some of them.

I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but it worked for me, so far;)

I'm doubting it's an equipment issue... So I did a factory reset and added the range of SATs that would be typical in the FTA arsenal from 30W to 125W. I did a search of all sats by pre-programmed tps. I don't have time to do a slow and methodical approach to figuring it out so I'll start with just all the preloaded tps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts