GEOSATpro MicroHD won't display video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I just hooked my microHD up today to get it setup and it will not display video and I can't get the remote to work with the receiver is there a fix for this .

i also have not done any of the software updates yet on the receiver

Last edited:
Which way are you hooking it up?(HDMI, etc.) What TV are you using? Have you tried another TV? How do you know the remote is not working if you can't see a picture?

Which way are you hooking it up?(HDMI, etc.) What TV are you using? Have you tried another TV? How do you know the remote is not working if you can't see a picture?
tried hdmi and the composite cables that came with it, tried it on a PN59D550 tv was going to try it on a different tv tonight when i hit the button that's for power the receiver doesn't go into stand by mode

jmc is it a new receiver, or one you've had unconnected for awhile? Does it boot up completely?
it was bought last september and was never hooked up do to not having the dish installed at the time, hooked it up today to set the settings up as i anticipated having the dish installed tomorrow

HDMI - Does the TV support 480i on the HDMI port? Some TVs do not support the default 480i resolution setting.

Composite - Is the mini plug completely seated? Push in to completely seat. If it is slightly out, the video connection will not be made.

Power - When connecting power does the LED light green, short blink red then return green? What color is the LED when power is applied?

Remote IR - Using the viewfinder on a digital camera, does the emitter flash when any remote key is depressed?

HDMI - Does the TV support 480i on the HDMI port? Some TVs do not support the default 480i resolution setting.

Composite - Is the mini plug completely seated? Push in to completely seat. If it is slightly out, the video connection will not be made.

Power - When connecting power does the LED light green, short blink red then return green? What color is the LED when power is applied?

Remote IR - Using the viewfinder on a digital camera, does the emitter flash when any remote key is depressed?
Remote IR Flashes when the key is depressed when power is plugged in the light stays solid green
will try the composite and hdmi on a different tv that a few years older i don't think the newer TV supports 480i over hdmi

Try the receiver on a different tv still the same have one more tv I can try tomorrow it's a edtv and should work

Last edited:
Remote IR Flashes when the key is depressed when power is plugged in the light stays solid green
will try the composite and hdmi on a different tv that a few years older i don't think the newer TV supports 480i over hdmi

Try the receiver on a different tv still the same have one more tv I can try tomorrow it's a edtv and should work

Tried on 3 separate tvs and still no video being displayed

Does the receiver need to be hooked up to the satellite dish to show video ?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Does the receiver need to be hooked up to the satellite dish to show video ?

No...and sorry you are having so much problems with it.

Plug the composite video cable in and out of the microHD a few times. Only use the video cable that came with the microHD. This will clean the connection of any oxidation. Make sure it is fully pushed into the receiver. Use the composite connection to your TV and make sure the tv input is correctly selected.

That is unique for a TV not to support interlaced video input! Does it not support 480i and 1080i?

How did you address this monitor issue? Did you select a progressive scan output on the microHD such as 480p, 720p, 1080p/30hz or 1080p/60hz?

Interesting that Samsung would disable all interlace inputs due to some format incompatibility.... http://www.samsung.com/pdf/pascal_owners_manual.pdf (page 48).

Last edited:
That is unique for a TV not to support interlaced video input! Does it not support 480i and 1080i?

How did you address this monitor issue? Did you select a progressive scan output on the microHD such as 480p, 720p, 1080p/30hz or 1080p/60hz?

Interesting that Samsung would disable interlace due to some incompatibility.... http://www.samsung.com/pdf/pascal_owners_manual.pdf (page 48).

havent address the issue as of yet need to find out how to get the tv to support the resolution

When I hooked the microHD up to a computer with composite in all it shows for video is a staticky screen and when I move the av connector it won't show anything still need to call satellite av tech support Monday next week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts