Microsoft in Damage control mode

Honestly how much better can BR be vs. HD-DVD, both players will not run in TRUE DIGITAL form, component cables are still an analog connection. Sony already said that the cheap PS3 package will not include HDMI connection, even more proving that the picture quaility will be hard to tell the differance.

BobMurdoch said:
I believe Widescreen Review ran an article stating that the BluRay had a harder coating. If that isn't the case, I stand corrected.
I thought I read the same thing quite some time ago

If they drop the price of the 360 $100 I will buy one that day. I have zero plans to get a gaystation3. Sony can sit on another still born technology. They think because they are the great "sony" they can force whatever they want on people. Microsoft proved them wrong with the Xbox and the 360 will do it again. Bill has deeper pockets than sony.

Buy the only superstar series on xbox is Halo. Sony and nintendo have all the other "guaranteed seller" titles. If sony stumbles they'll be fine, they have to fall down a flight of stairs in order to take a major hit.

Short of ps3's exploding, I think they'll weather the storm until next summer/fall when the big games start hitting.

What "guaranteed seller" does sony still have exclusive? Fornza motor sports is better than Gran Tarismo and GTA will come out on the 360 the same day it does on the ps3. The only real exclusive IS Halo.

Say, I buy the PS3 for Blu-Ray, am I going to let the kids play games with it instead of me watching a movie or occupy my TV during a football game? Odds are 70% of PS3's sold will not be connected to a HD tv.

vurbano said:
Really? Do you have hardness numbers for the coating systems?

Umm you mean about the same material that comes in 0.6mm (DVD, HD-DVD) vs 0.1mm?

TDK is promising some super coating for about 1,5 years now - and still has to deliver it...

VIPERS-PIT said:
What "guaranteed seller" does sony still have exclusive? Fornza motor sports is better than Gran Tarismo and GTA will come out on the 360 the same day it does on the ps3. The only real exclusive IS Halo.

First of all, I prefer xbox but forza blows...GT will sell more units than forza any day of the week. I own GT 3 and i've never played it, but forza flat out sucked...

Sony has the RPG market with the exception of zelda. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc...All hugely popular especially with female gamers. Xbox had some success with star wars but where'd that go? If they're hoping Fable would cut it, I think they're finding out that's not the case...

Ever heard of the biggest new franchise, God of War? Sony-exclusive...Fanboys wet themselves whenever a new Metal Gear is shown...SLy cooper games along with the Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter games are huge with kids. MS tried to get some copycat games but they all failed. What else, um, Resident Evil isn't quite sony-exclusive, but it's not on our xbox...

Not to mention how many units those terrible WWE games move on ps2...Plus some franchises that have kind of gone stale but still move units only on ps2 like Ace Combat, Dynasty Warriors, Devil May Cry, Katamari, Shadow of the Colossus, Soul Calibur, Tekken, SOCOM...

I love my xbox but I can't deny that sony has bigger sellers, and a ton of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)