Microsoft makes big announcement- audience falls asleep

not my daily needs. can't connect up a USB serial adapter and i haven't seen a USB to Ethernet adapter either. my needs are atypical and I'm acutely cognizant of that fact.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Trust me I am not a typical user either and it still is fine. For support I don't normally find myself needing USB or Ethernet any longer.

JAG72 said:
Trust me I am not a typical user either and it still is fine. For support I don't normally find myself needing USB or Ethernet any longer.

And if I do need those there is always the laptop or desktop...

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

i do when I'm setting up servers fresh out of the box.

Sorry to hear that you are still dependent on that. I have not been dependent on those for years while setting up new servers. I can't tell you the last time I have touched a physical CD or USB connection for a server setup. It has to be at least the last 6 years at a minimum.

John Kotches said:
i do when I'm setting up servers fresh out of the box.

Why would you need a separate computer to set up a server out of the box?

jag:

see my reply ro neutron.

you guys are ignoring that the computer running the out of band setup is a computer setting up a computer.

you need something for initial configuration.

hint: setting up an out of band manager via browser requires a computer to run that browser session.

It does? I guess you can consider an iPad a computer in general to make your statement true. For prime example you can configure an HP server with the browser on the iPad or even use the APP they have out there to remote control it. There are many ways to remotely configure many different hardware platforms without having a real computer or even a virtual session to use.

jag:

see my reply ro neutron.

you guys are ignoring that the computer running the out of band setup is a computer setting up a computer.

Not ignoring anything as there are many different types of servers that don't need a computer to configure it for out of band communications.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)