Mid-South Weather

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
For those of you I keep up with on a rather consistent basis; you are aware we recently transfered back into the Memphis/Mid-South area. Well we are still here and alive after some NASTY weather yesterday afternoon and last night. My offices were VERY LUCKY as all around us, as close as 2 blocks away, were devastated; I am sure you have seen some on the news. Our hearts go out to those area residents that were not as fortunate as we were; there were fatalities. It will be a cleanup and disaster recovery mode for the rest of the work week.

STAY SAFE!

My condolences go out to the families with losses.....
I can feel for you charper, and those misfortunates. We went through a Tornado Disaster last March 1. We were fortunate, but some of our neighbors lost there homes. No one was killed in the immediate area. but 4-5 were, a couple of counties over. The wreckage from it looked like the garbage piled up at a City/County dump. Some still haven't started to re-build, others have moved. But, life goes on. I encourage you to get out there and do what you can. Not only will it make you a better person, but others will surely appreciate it.

Some pics right near our Nike offices:

Attachments

• 021--Storm 5th Feb 021.jpg
    021--Storm 5th Feb 021.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 165
  • ATT1144882.jpg
    ATT1144882.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_9432.jpg
    IMG_9432.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_9443.jpg
    IMG_9443.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_9449.jpg
    IMG_9449.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_9451.jpg
    IMG_9451.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 012-Storm 5th Feb 012.jpg
    012-Storm 5th Feb 012.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 131
Death toll is up to 56 now and they are calling it one of the worst if not the worst oubreak ever with over 1000 tornado warnings. And to have this weather in February (the heart of winter) is showing just how much global warming may be playing a roll on our weather and this may only be just a hint of what we have coming in the future weatherwise, not counting the other effects that are going to happen.

Not being a climatologist I can only go by reading and right now the most prevalent answer is no; not yet anyway.

Month by month there is more and more research that maybe, just maybe they have over hyped the global warming thing; not that it is not real, just over done it.

Hell they have done this on virtually every research topic over the last 5 decades ranging from climate, to diet to everything else. Make claims and slowly over time retract and dismiss their original assessments. I feel that this will be no different.

They should worry more about us being hit by actual meteors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts