Mike kohl on sat talk live

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
NONE of that drivel is going to stop me from using the satellite's proper name, you realize that, right?
Thats OK, nobody reads your drivel anyway.
( that aint the real reason,BTW, the real reason is I know people don't like to have to remember new names so I always use them to irritate them... LOL )
There is a word for that you know. Not a good one. Thats OK though. There are plenty of people around here that genuinely want to help.

Back to the OP. There wasnt much news regarding the Manhattan. Just some instructions about how to upgrade the firmware.

Thats OK, nobody reads your drivel anyway.

There is a word for that you know. Not a good one. Thats OK though. There are plenty of people around here that genuinely want to help.

I don't appreciate the personal attack. I didn't make it personal towards anyone, and I don't appreciate you making it personal towards ME.

I don't appreciate the personal attack. I didn't make it personal towards anyone, and I don't appreciate you making it personal towards ME.

I have no idea why you took it personal. Heres a tip though. If someone, anyone, (see not personal) comes in here to intentionally antagonize, provoke or to use your word "irritate" then it should come as no surprise when a little something comes back.

I'm not here to argue, I'm here to talk about satellite info. Lets move on.

I have no idea why you took it personal. Heres a tip though. If someone, anyone, (see not personal) comes in here to intentionally antagonize, provoke or to use your word "irritate" then it should come as no surprise when a little something comes back.

I'm not here to argue, I'm here to talk about satellite info. Lets move on.

Agreed. I'll use the sat name, and you use the orbital position. We all happy. Or not. The point I was trying to make is that everyone doesn't feel the same about it. I learned as I have gotten older ( I'm 41, BTW, the old guys call me kid, and the young guys call me old man) the world doesn't bend to my particular viewpoint. We all like things different. And I shouldn't expect everyone to bend to MY will just because I say so. And here's a little tip for you. The world AIN'T gonna bend for YOU, either. :D

As an aside, I listened to the rest of the SatTalk show yesterday, and Mike had some interesting stuff to say about the possibility of using the Manhattan to subscribe to programing in the future. Host asked him to clarify, and he said he wasn't saying any more, or something to that effect. Interesting. :cool:

Last edited:
As an aside, I listened to the rest of the SatTalk show yesterday, and Mike had some interesting stuff to say about the possibility of using the Manhattan to subscribe to programing in the future. Host asked him to clarify, and he said he wasn't saying any more, or something to that effect. Interesting. :cool:

That's right, I kind of forgot about that. The statement was so vague that it went in one ear and out the other. IF this alleged subscription service ever amounts to anything I wonder if it will be C or Ku.

I don't know all the details but there are a few things in the works for us Dish Heads that will have us buzzing over the next year.

I know I for one am on the edge of my seat, I can't wait to see somethings roll out.

Back to the OP. There wasnt much news regarding the Manhattan. Just some instructions about how to upgrade the firmware.

and some talk about what the last firmware version or two fixed, a comment on what they know still needs to be ironed out, and some talk about upcoming features. I"m happy about the upcoming correct implementation of an audio-only mux memory write feature (muxes of less than 100 channels) but "ticked" that Jeff considered it a non-issue that his receiver can't write an audio mux of more than 20 channels to memory completely in that audio mux configuration type.

I get the feeling the other audio mux configuration type with hundreds of audio channels per mux will continue to not be written to memory in full so I"ll have to continue defining PIDs for those audio services I want that don't get written to memory on those.

ke, the edge of my seat is worn out from waiting for all the promised BUD programming to come to fruition over the years. Still waiting for IPTV, for example....

ke, the edge of my seat is worn out from waiting for all the promised BUD programming to come to fruition over the years. Still waiting for IPTV, for example....

I'm not too surprised about the lack of BUD programming to come to fruition. Backyard dish owner numbers are not very great anymore so not much of a market (and the stuff we see is typically for us as a secondary market as the primary market is cable/dbs or tv stations). There are a few things that are meant for us as an outreach (a lot of the ethnic channels, for instance).

IPTV is up there but takes a lot of messing around to do. The Manhattan uses a specialized chip so I'd never expect it to do IPTV stuff. I expect the AZBOX is more capable of doing that, considering it's like a linux computer in a metal case, but they just seem to care about internet streamed IPTV instead of putting in their code a call to applications to process the satellite IPTV streams to the point they can be outputted to the HD monitor or tv set.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)