Military History Channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joenhre

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Miami,FL
Anyone know if the Military History channel is available on C or KU using a 4dtv (DSR-922) or FTA receiver?

Thanks,
Joe

I'm assuming your talking about the Military Channel which is on C3-611, as far I know it's only part of a package from one of the programmers, can't say anything about using FTA to get it, maybe someone else can help you on that part.

No.. the military history channel is part of the A & E suite of channels..The Military channel (used to be known as wings) is part of the discovery suite of channels

A&E channels are sent up in a non-compaitble format with the 4dtv. Its also encrypted so you can't get it on a FTA receiver either. I am not sure other than AT&T Uverse and Verizion FioS which cable companies actually carry the channel, I haven't seen it myself either.

Thanks for the info.Would have been nice to be able to watch this channel, but oh well.I'm sure some of the programming being aired on it will still be shown or the regular History channel or History Channel International.

you can order it here....it comes with the whole suite of channels though
WebForm1

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 253
you can order it here....it comes with the whole suite of channels though
WebForm1

Thanks for the reply, but I believe that package includes the Military channel, which is different from the Military History channel.Juan posted in the thread that the Military channel is the one owned by Discovery Networks and is in their suite.The Military History channel is owned by A&E networks along with A&E, Bio, History, & History international.I know the channel is not available thru Comcast (Philly) , Directv, or Dish Network.I am about to get my C/KU band system back up and running so was checking to see if the channel was available.

Still looking forward to checking out all the channels like the PBS stations, Blue Highways TV, American Life TV, etc. that are only available on the BIG dish.

From their web sit it looks like you can only get it from select cable companies depending on the area you live in.

Sometimes the Pentagon Channel has some of that kind of programming, and when it comes to finding out what is going on in Afghanistan and Iraq, you can learn more in 1 hour watching it than you can all week on network news. Find it on AMC1 103.0 West 12100 MHZ SR 20000 verticle polarity FEC 3/4. Also on Galaxy 28 C band.

Last edited:
All I know is, it was a very cool thing to watch almost the entire "Band of Brothers" miniseries on Christmas day. I got it off AMC @ 101 west - Ku.

It wasn't the Military Channel or the Military History Channel., but if you aim there you'll see it,

Sometimes the Pentagon Channel has some of that kind of programming, and when it comes to finding out what is going on in Afghanistan and Iraq, you can learn more in 1 hour watching it than you can all week on network news. Find it on AMC1 103.0 West 12100 MHZ SR 20000 verticle polarity FEC 3/4. Also on Galaxy 28 C band.

Yes I also subscribe to Dish Network so I get the Pentagon Channel on their satellite at 61.5.They do have some interesting programming on there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.