Mini-BUD Motor and LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For half decent C-Band viewing, I'm using a new Stab-120 motor for my Geosatpro 1.2M dish. I'm also using the updated Titanium C2-PLL Wideband C-band LNBF Dual (2) Outputs 3.4 - 4.2GHz. I know, I'm still doing everything completely wrong for everyone's standards, I got it. :-(

Reactions: spongella
I know, I'm still doing everything completely wrong for everyone's standards, I got it. :-(

Huh???

Mini-Buders .....what motor and LNB are you using?

Titanium C1-PLL LNBF with CS1 conical scalar and fixed mount for 99w. Never had a great experience with motorizing a mini bud. The aiming needs to be so precise and feedhorn/scalar positioning is so critical and varies between different satellites and transponders. Took it down last month and going to re-purpose for KU 125w.

Last edited:
Reactions: spongella
I was on 99W for two reasons. First, it had more channels that provide reliable lock during inclement weather with a 1.2m and second, it had more networks. Other satellites have channel line-ups that appear more interesting, but often these transponders are not strong enough to provide a reliable lock.

If you are going with a fixed mount, some of these threshold C-band transponders can be reliably received, but you will find that the LNBF placement (fore/aft/skew) is highly critical and may be optimized for each transponder. This is likely because of terrestrial and adjacent satellite interference.

DMS BSC421 dual band LNB. Dish is stationary.

Titanium is right on the money with the adjustments of the LNB. Very critical and slight changes make a difference in what you'll see.

I wonder if when aiming at sats with circular polarity, such as 40.5W C, it'll be less of a hassle getting the LNB position just right. At least you don't have to worry about skew.

Nothing wrong with stretching the limits of an undersized dish for C band, the challenge can be fun. Never thought I could get 5 stations with a 1.0M dish on 113W, but it happened.

99w is the best one to line up a mini bud. I am using stationary mount Kraven I agree with Brian it has the best channels that are on strong transponders. I have a future project coming up for this year for my dish.

Just an observation, when using a dual C/Ku LNB, if one uses the Ku LNB to aim at a satellite, e.g. 113W first, then switch over to C, it'll be no guarantee that C band will be optimized, still have to make adjustments, albeit small ones. This is what I found with a 1.0m dish, might be a different case with larger dishes.

Speaking of 99W C, regarding the NBC affiliates, I get no audio with my Amiko SE HD - the audio they are using is Dolby. Will I need a separate Dolby capable receiver for that?

Mario what version of firmware are you running in your Mini HD SE?

The dish is scheduled to be delivered on Friday via UPS. Normally UPS wouldve charged 80-90$ to ship an item this large and heavy.

Definitely going to play w/ it this weekend... will post some pictures on Sunday. 99W is it but I was hoping to be able to get some/one ION and ME off of 101w and 103w.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts