MiniBUD tuning Technique

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1ADAM12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
10-6 Gas Pumps
Since there seems to be more interest in MiniBUD's, I'm posting this to help those having setup issues.

From my experence, I've found that the best time to tune up a MiniBUD is before 10 AM and after 9:30 PM. Those are the hours when the "E" layer around the Earth has the least attenuation of signals.

Because most MiniBuds are operating at the lowest level of usable signal, this becomes helpful.

I've also made an observation about the DMX741, It delivers a better quality picture ( subjective) even while operating at low levels then does my Invacom.

This is really great advice. As an example, I'm currently pointed at Satmex 6 and can receive ~20 channels with solid steady pictureduring the evening/night whereas during the day only a few are watchable and many get no signal at all.

This is really great advice. As an example, I'm currently pointed at Satmex 6 and can receive ~20 channels with solid steady pictureduring the evening/night whereas during the day only a few are watchable and many get no signal at all.

It can explain in part why so many have different results with similar gear.

Another issue is that some tp's are low power for certain hours and higher power during other. example would be 9?W tp's. I don't call out specifics so they will be less likey to go encrypted. So it's good to try scan at different times of day.

I had done this tip several times in the past. I can see the tv better since there is no sunrays to interfere. And cooler too. If only the mosquitoes leave me along!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)