Minor aggravation with PS3 Wireless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BigTimMN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Whenver i turn on my PS3 it disconnects My PC's from the network momentarily(1 wired, 1 Wireless), which isnt a major issue, except that my son has started to turn it on by himself and it always seems to happen as I am i the middle of something in Warcraft..lol

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Know of any solutions?

I am sure i could figure it out if i would take the time, but i thoght i would ask..

Whenver i turn on my PS3 it disconnects My PC's from the network momentarily(1 wired, 1 Wireless), which isnt a major issue, except that my son has started to turn it on by himself and it always seems to happen as I am i the middle of something in Warcraft..lol

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Know of any solutions?

I am sure i could figure it out if i would take the time, but i thoght i would ask..

You could stop him from turning on the PS3...

Do you have an old/funky router? Maybe it's renewing all the IP addresses whenever the PS3 connects, although it should be able to do that automatically by adding another IP as needed. See if it does that with other computers. Try getting other wireless devices to connect to your network and see if the same thing happens.

Its a relatively new Linksys (less than 2 years), it doesnt disconnect when i turn on my laptop...or when i turn on my wired PC when the other comptuer is in use.

I wish i could keep him from doing it, but with that stupid touch sensitve button, he gets anywhere near the thing he turns it on... We live in a Townhouse, so all his toys are in the living room in front of the TV...

I usually turn the PS3 off from behind, but its a pain to pull it out of the TV stand everytime i want to turn it on/off, so its sometimes just shut off from the remote.

Its a relatively new Linksys (less than 2 years), it doesnt disconnect when i turn on my laptop...or when i turn on my wired PC when the other comptuer is in use.

I wish i could keep him from doing it, but with that stupid touch sensitve button, he gets anywhere near the thing he turns it on... We live in a Townhouse, so all his toys are in the living room in front of the TV...

I usually turn the PS3 off from behind, but its a pain to pull it out of the TV stand everytime i want to turn it on/off, so its sometimes just shut off from the remote.
This may support my theory of problems from IP addresses. Check out this post:

GameSpot Forums - PlayStation 3 - PS3 Disconnects my whole internet.

I'll check that thread out tonight from home... and hopefully remedy the issue once and for all..

now to get my son to leave the PS3 alone.. at least till he's old enough to enjoy the games :)

with the exception of the PS3 kicking the PCs off the network momentarily upon getting turned on, I have no issues with my setup. Wireless works great for gaming on the PS3.

If i ever upgrade my internet back above the 2MB DSL i have now, then i may consider it to improve download speed, but for now the extra bump in speed isnt worth the cost of getting the homeplugs

with the exception of the PS3 kicking the PCs off the network momentarily upon getting turned on, I have no issues with my setup. Wireless works great for gaming on the PS3.

If i ever upgrade my internet back above the 2MB DSL i have now, then i may consider it to improve download speed, but for now the extra bump in speed isnt worth the cost of getting the homeplugs

I understand that. Hope you get it figured out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts