Mirror receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is why I suggested a H24 instead of a 25, knowing that the 24 can work with either, where as the 25 needs the SWM.
Hello
I have recently upgraded my DirecTv boxes to HD and got the main HD box along with 3 mini genie boxes. Before I upgraded I had my children boxes mirrored together. Now I tried to connect my children TV's together and I cannot seem to figure it out.
One of my children's room had a mini genie; this TV only has RCA jacks and a place to put the cable wire from the wall. The other kids room is not connected anyone; this TV is an SD TV with only a place for a cable wire.
I have purchased a splitter from DirecTv and I purchased a HDMI converter from Amazon. Can you please help me to figure how to mirror my kids TV's together.
The new HD boxes only have an coaxial input, HDMI input and a 10 Pin to Composite input.

Someone here will have to jump in for you, I don't have any Clients so I don't know what connections they have available to them.

By Mirroring your talking about running a coax/Composite or Component from the main recvr to give your other tvs a signal ?

not sure i quite understand what your saying. you have the Genie and 3x mini genie, how many TV's are you trying to run in total? and you are going to need to purchase some RF Modulator boxes.since it appears you have some SD TV's i assume you're ok with the mirrored TV's also displaying in SD? to mirror in HD can get pricy.

i guess for simplicity's sake, call the main box "A", and the three mini's "B, C, and D". are you trying to mirror B or C or D *to* B, C, or D? because thats redundant. if you have a 5th or 6th TV then you'd need the RF modulator

not sure i quite understand what your saying. you have the Genie and 3x mini genie, how many TV's are you trying to run in total? and you are going to need to purchase some RF Modulator boxes.since it appears you have some SD TV's i assume you're ok with the mirrored TV's also displaying in SD? to mirror in HD can get pricy.

i guess for simplicity's sake, call the main box "A", and the three mini's "B, C, and D". are you trying to mirror B or C or D *to* B, C, or D? because thats redundant. if you have a 5th or 6th TV then you'd need the RF modulator
I have a mini genie in my little boys room connected and it works the box is connected through the s/video cord. Now I would like to mirror my daughters room to my sons room. However,my daughters television is an SD TV.

Someone here will have to jump in for you, I don't have any Clients so I don't know what connections they have available to them.

By Mirroring your talking about running a coax/Composite or Component from the main recvr to give your other tvs a signal ?
Yes I would like for both TV's to show the same thing but in different rooms.

you're going to ahve to have some coax cable from each tv running to a splitter, which is being fed by coax from an RF modulator. they're pretty cheap and you just need composite in from the 10-pin composite cable of the mini-genie. should look something like this:

mini genie --(10-pin composite)--> RF modulator --(coax)--> splitter ---> TV's.

if you dont have the 10-pin cable, just call D* and tell them the TV that the mini was on broke and the TV you have to replace it needs that cable. they should mail you one or send someone out.

you're going to ahve to have some coax cable from each tv running to a splitter, which is being fed by coax from an RF modulator. they're pretty cheap and you just need composite in from the 10-pin composite cable of the mini-genie. should look something like this:

mini genie --(10-pin composite)--> Composite video splitter RF modulator --(coax)--> splitter ---> TV's.

if you dont have the 10-pin cable, just call D* and tell them the TV that the mini was on broke and the TV you have to replace it needs that cable. they should mail you one or send someone out.
unless the poster wants to lose the composite connection at the local TV, there would be a need for composite video splitter in the connection scheme.

well theres a multitude of ways to do it, the way i suggested just runs the RF coax to both TV's. hence the splitter after the modulator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts