Misleading

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aupfeil

Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Southeast
I just switched to directv from dish network and feel like I was lied to and cheated. When I signed up with Directv they told me I would not have my local channels, but would have the major network channels from a different area. Now when I called to ask about these channels they tell me I can "request" those channels and pay $2.50 per channel while I get a $3 discount per month. So what I was told would be included in my plan will now cost me $7.50 per month. And they say there is nothing they can do about it...

I just switched to directv from dish network and feel like I was lied to and cheated. When I signed up with Directv they told me I would not have my local channels, but would have the major network channels from a different area. Now when I called to ask about these channels they tell me I can "request" those channels and pay $2.50 per channel while I get a $3 discount per month. So what I was told would be included in my plan will now cost me $7.50 per month. And they say there is nothing they can do about it...

Actually it will cost you $4.50, because of the $3/month discount for no locals.

You are refering to distant networks, which are difficult to get. Basically the local station needs to approve your "waiver" request, and they rarely do.

I think you had an over-zealous salesperson and you didn't research it ahead of time (not bashing you, this happens to too many people), and may be stuck now.

DirecTV often can't even give those channels to customers, even if they want to, they are at the mercy of law and local stations.

What zip code are you in, perhaps we can provide more info.

Hopefully what the rep said was that you could get those distant networks. Big difference in saying they will be there day 1. I do think even saying it that way is misleading, but technically correct. They can't quote price because they don't know how many channels you will be approved for. As said above it depends on the stations giving you permission to go out of area. But yes, still shady.

This is an easy one to figure out that the CSR didn't say it so it was 110% fool-proof and the user doesn't even know what DNS is anyway. Nothing misleading, just lack of knowledge and understanding.

Last edited:
You can also try an antenna setup combined with their AM-21 receiver if you have locals anywhere near you that are broadcasting free to air HD. Throw in a pre-amp & distribution amp & you'd be surprised at the range you can get on these signals. If you truly live where no locals are available or in a mountainous area it wont do you much good though.

this is one of the things keeping me from switch
im told i will be able to get locals in october, but they wont put it in writing cand cant garuntee it. dish told me soon 6 years ago and im still waiting

that and no garuntee of an hr24, and before you say go local i called voice mail is full, need to try again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts