Misleading sunday flyer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
right, you can hang your own drive off it to increase capacity. WE understand that. but think of how many times we see threads here asking about taking that drive and watching it on your pc while away from home, or just transferring the movies to the PC/mobile device. that is how many uninformed people will take it. heck, i almost took it that way as well.

shoot, i bet nearly 25% of the folks i know still call the PC portion of a computer the "hard drive"

I think your looking for it .....
I have yet to see someone expect to be able to plug it into thier PC.
Most people that invest in a EHD do thier homework before hand.

their advertising has been real suspect lately. i saw a commercial yesterday that compared dish to dtv. one of the things they said was along the lines of "dish charges you $40.00 to record TO YOUR OWN HARDDRIVE while DTV ALLOWS THIS FOR FREE." this makes it sound like you can save the programs to your PC, and as far as i know this is no allowed, heck evne the DTV2PC software now supposedly stops you from doing a screen capture.

I didn''t take it that way at all.
What they are saying is if you want to add an External HD to DISH Network they charge you $ 40 for the right ..... and they do.

You are correct Iceberg, you can add an EHD to your D* recvr and record.
Free of charge, except for the cost of buying the unit.
you can to your D* dvr's, not the receivers like you can with dish receivers ex: the vip 211 can be converted to a dvr :)

You guys might want to be more clear on your adding Hardrives to D* HR's.

For $140 you can Add 1TB to a VIP 612,622,or 722, and swap them between all three of these types of receivers at no addtional charge. And you can buy them anywhere./ WalMart,Target ext.
Just has to be USB 2.0 with its own power supply.
1 TB adds an Addtional 200 HD hours, and 1000 sd Hours , for a Total of 255 HD and 1350 SD.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts