Missing Analog Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
I recently hooked up my C-Band and digital setup to an HD Plasma TV. When I try to get the analog channels all I get is snow and then a blue screeen. With the other Tv I would get the analog channel (G4 15-16). I still get the digital channels through my BEC 6600+, but no analogs so it is difficult to know whether I am on the right satellite (when there is an analog channel available).

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
It sounds like the Plasma TV is not getting a signal from the analog receiver. How are the two connected? Can you view any menus from the analog receiver on the Plasma TV?

Missing Analog Signal

Gabshere

Yes I got the signals just fine with th BSC 621-2, until I added the Plasma TV.

Photoman. The hook up is from BUD to DB6600+ to Plasma through the Analog connection (my local channels are also going through that connection, so I know it works). Yes I can view the Menu, Favs, Sats, etc., but the video signal does not go through

How do you switch the analog connection between the BUD, DB6600+ and local channels? Have you verified that BUD signal is viewable if you disconnect the analog connection from the Plasma and connect it to a regular TV?

since you can see the analog reciever menu on the plasma and no channel then i would suspect , no analog channel visable , wrong polarity or not on correct satellite.

you might be able to fine tune or slightly adjust the dish position east or west from the analog receiver menu to see if you can gain the channel.

Missing Analog Signal

How do you switch the analog connection between the BUD, DB6600+ and local channels? Have you verified that BUD signal is viewable if you disconnect the analog connection from the Plasma and connect it to a regular TV?

I have the coax from The 621 running to the 6600+ and the coax to a splitter to the TV and the Dish DVR. Haven't checked on direct to a regular TV, but will do so in AM(It was viewable just before I changed TV's).

Missing Analog Signal

since you can see the analog reciever menu on the plasma and no channel then i would suspect , no analog channel visable , wrong polarity or not on correct satellite.

you might be able to fine tune or slightly adjust the dish position east or west from the analog receiver menu to see if you can gain the channel.

I know I am on the right satellite because on the channel I use most G-4, I can get the digital channels perfectly. I tried changing the polarity but nothing happened. No amount of nudging the dish helps.

I have the coax from The 621 running to the 6600+ and the coax to a splitter to the TV and the Dish DVR. Haven't checked on direct to a regular TV, but will do so in AM(It was viewable just before I changed TV's).
Reading this is a bit confusing to me? You say here that you're running the coax from the 621 (I assume this to be your lnbf) to the 6600+, then to a splitter, then to your TV and DishDVR. Well my confusion is, where is the Analog receiver at? And how is it connected? You are not likely to get any analog channels if the receiver isn't hooked up? Your signature says you have a Motorola 450i. So, where is it at?

I think he is running a coax from the Motorola 450i channel 3 output to the TV antenna input on the BEC 6600+ and a coax from the BEC 6600+ channel 3 output to the Plasma TV. Since he is seeing menus on the Plasma, that part works. I'm not sure how the lnbf is connected to the two receivers.

Missing Analog Signal

Sorry bout the confusion. I guess I should have explained it better. The coax from LNBF goes to the BEC and then one to the 450i and then one to the VCR. The split is after the VCR because of the OTA locals going to the DISH DVR.

Sorry bout the confusion. I guess I should have explained it better. The coax from LNBF goes to the BEC and then one to the 450i and then one to the VCR. The split is after the VCR because of the OTA locals going to the DISH DVR.
I suppose then, that the BEC is the master control for the polarity? So, do you have the correct polarity on when trying to watch the 450i? Also, the BSC621-2 is a Universal ku lnbf with C-Band, the 450i probably won't work with the 22khz switch made into the BSC621-2 on the ku side? And that might even cause an interference in the signal to the 450i if you have the C/ku running to the BEC on one wire/cable? Have you tried using the C-Band side only to see if that's the problem? You may have to separate the 2 sides (C/ku), and run separate cables?
I'm just taking pot-shot guesses, as I don't have anything hooked up in a simular way. I have a couple of linear C/ku lnbf's, not a Universal version, but I don't have either hooked to an Analog receiver. I don't even have any receivers Cloned to each other. I do have several running from lnb's to 1x4 HF splitters with an analog receiver as the master for polarity, but that's not the same thing....? Good Luck!

Al

According to previous information received, the BEC only controls polarity on the digital channels(the 450i controls the polarity on the analog side).Currently I am only using the C-band side, since I have the Ku channels on the Wineguard and the Pansat 3500S. I had used both sides previously (before the storm knocked out my 1st BSC621-2). The C-band side worked with the new LNBF and the Ku-band side worked intermittently with a bit of tweaking. With my old TV I had no problems viewing the analog channels (I had a few ala-carte subscriptions at that time), but when I switched TV's I lost the analog channels. The Digital still came through with no problem.

According to previous information received, the BEC only controls polarity on the digital channels(the 450i controls the polarity on the analog side).
This could be right, but they both can't control the BSC621 at the same time. So, if you have the BEC cut off, the 450i could control it. If the BEC is on at the same time as the 450i you might get whatever polarity the BEC is on, but not the other polarity. If you can, that must be a magical BSC621-2 lnbf, and I would like to know where you found it?
All in all, I think you should try to connect the 450i straight from the BSC621 C-Band side, just to see if it works by itself. If it was working before, and I seriously don't think the Plasma TV is the problem, then my guess is that you hooked something up different than before. It's probably a simple connection done wrong, once you find it, problem solved... I hope!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)