Missing beginning of programs

Have you tried setting manual timers when this behavior begins to see if it is a receiver problem or possible a problem with the interpretation of the programming data by the receiver.

I.e. the receiver sees the start of the program as beginning several minutes later than the display shows, maybe a problem with the data that your receiver is sensitive to.

Just throwing things on the wall to see if anything sticks.

Have you tried setting manual timers when this behavior begins to see if it is a receiver problem or possible a problem with the interpretation of the programming data by the receiver.

I.e. the receiver sees the start of the program as beginning several minutes later than the display shows, maybe a problem with the data that your receiver is sensitive to.

Just throwing things on the wall to see if anything sticks.

Most of these have been singular timers, not series timers. I never know when this is going to happen. Sometimes it's at 3:00AM and sometimes 3:00PM.

I think you are the same Jim5506 I've seen elsewhere discussing signal loss on 61.5.
I don't know if these two issues are related. FWIW 61.5 has my local networks (CBS, ABC, etc) on spotbeam #18 with signal strength of 52 & I've only a couple problems with these.

OTOH sat 72 which carries channel 231 & 239 also has good signal strength, shows Green when doing a System Info, yet I've had missed beginnings on several programs on those channels. The DVR is currently recording so I can't provide exact SS on the 231 & 239 but i do recall it was OK

Dish tech was out here again the other day & basically could not fix anything. He said changing the DVR & LNB probably would not make any difference. Other than changing these there was nothing else he can do. There is no one for him to call for additional help.

Dish called the next day for a phone survey. Since the issue was not resolved I was transferred to someone in the Advanced Technical Dept who actually knew about the "AV Recorded" time issue. He said I am not the only one having a problem. Sometimes a problem occurs after a software update. They fix one thing & something else gets affected. He did say it happens more often with DVRs that have the OTA module. He took my software & other DVR info to give to the appropriate dept in order to help figure out which units are affected by what. It’s finally nice to at least get an acknowledgement that Dish is aware of the situation & trying to correct things.

I had 3 corrupt recordings last Sunday but none since then. This problem occurs in random spurts. Several months go by without a hitch then there will be several problems. Hopefully Dish will find a permanent cure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts