Missing the Masters

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directs PQ is very soft and has a quite a bit of mosquito noise going on, not only around the edges but in the peoples faces too. Lately I have seen some freezes like the encoder ran out of bits from the pool too. Dishnet is no better and looks like crap. 480i crt's do look better. I didn't have any credit problems so Direct required no deposit but I do wait till a day before my bill is due to pay it online and they start bugging you a few days before with e-mails for where is our money. I hate to see what would happen if I was a day late.

The reason I fight for the big dish & 4DTV so much is people shouldn't have to be treated like crap and like they are getting a mortgage to watch tv. Then be given sub par quality for tall $$. The 4DTV is not what it was but still offers the same things that made it the best, like no contracts and better quality. Pizza is a part of the cable cartel that strong arm you into their way of doing business. This should not be to watch tv..

Hopefully, my 4D will last a couple more years but when it dies I'm done with DC2 and will go with Netflix and DVB only unless there's a resurgence/improvements with DC2. Oh, and OTA also even though there's only 6 channels here (ABC, ThisTV, RetroTV, and 3 NET channels).

Was watching 30 ROC on Dish AAD from New York and the video was washed out with
very poor contrast. Went to W3 to check on same program and slightly better picture
but still the same thing. Anyone else notice this on NBC because I am becoming more convinced various program providers are deliberately degrading the video during programming time and then are upping video and audio during commercials. Add that to
asinine logos, popups and other bugs and clutter on the screen during programs and I am ready to throw in the towel on any commercial broadcasting scheme. They just enjoy throwing their dump in our faces.
:mad:

Was watching 30 ROC on Dish AAD from New York and the video was washed out with
very poor contrast. Went to W3 to check on same program and slightly better picture
but still the same thing.:
How do you get NBC on W-3?

I turn my 922 on W3 600. It's SR is low so only 922's & 905's will tune it. 920's don't do that SR or FEC. The picture on WPLG from what I have seen is excellent on the local news from Miami. It rivals OTA HD here.

WOW!!.....My eyes hurt from so much clarity. I forgot what kind of picture this thing gives. Excellent.

Thats what I'd like to know as well?????

Go to W3

Tune to 600, use remote, nothing fancy.

You will see searching for channel info.

Wait a minute!

Comes in as big blocks, small blocks then picture and sound.

922 been doin that ever since they cut the data streams.

:D

I turn my 922 on W3 600. It's SR is low so only 922's & 905's will tune it. 920's don't do that SR or FEC. The picture on WPLG from what I have seen is excellent on the local news from Miami. It rivals OTA HD here.

I get it on my 922 also. But, it messes up the 922's clock.

Last edited:

Your OTA must not be that good. What I get OTA on NBC blows away anything I see anywhere! KABC Another story on all their local stuff , much of it VHS slow quality!

My clock has been 8 minutes fast for several weeks since my power went out about 6 weeks ago. Since I've been on W3 though, it's now 3 hours & 2 minutes fast.

Corrado said:
My clock on the 922 has been OK for a while now without intervention. How many of us are still dealing with that issue? No one has mentioned it lately.

My 920 keeps perfect time unless I watch the NET channels on T4. Then it gets a couple minutes off until I go to another DCII signal. W5/X4 always fixes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

My clock goes bonkers like 12 hrs there but comes back on X4. Ever since 4096 was removed none of the clock signals are in sync since everyone is on their own EMM. H2H is the reference if your running active 4160 with sub but only on X4.

Your OTA must not be that good. What I get OTA on NBC blows away anything I see anywhere! KABC Another story on all their local stuff , much of it VHS slow quality!

They compress the crap out of OTA here. CBS 2 is the only channel I think is good.1080i no sub channels. Forget everyone else with too many HD and SD sub channels. :(

My 920 keeps perfect time unless I watch the NET channels on T4. Then it gets a couple minutes off until I go to another DCII signal. W5/X4 always fixes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

My 922 goes back to the correct time when I return to X4, also.

Asket said:

nbc is great here too...!!

mom's HD pizza pan receiver gets so hot the cat sleep on it LOL

Attachments

• image-1076458583.jpg
    image-1076458583.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 145
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)