Mitsubishi HC3800 projector !!

dfergie, what is your throw and screen size? How far from floor? I read these don't have lens offset. Thinking about one in the future, but I would want a pull down screen wall mounted close to ceiling. Just curious.

Similar to this fp is the Epson 8100. It is a LCD fp and has lens shift.

If you have the right setup, High Power pulldown screen is the way to go. It will give you a LCD or Plasma like picture within 30 degrees of the center of the screen.

You can set the projector on a table, on a shelf or ceiling mount.

Similar to this fp is the Epson 8100. It is a LCD fp and has lens shift.

If you have the right setup, High Power pulldown screen is the way to go. It will give you a LCD or Plasma like picture within 30 degrees of the center of the screen.

You can set the projector on a table, on a shelf or ceiling mount.

Thank you, my friend. Will look into it. As much as I like the Mits specs, it is too limited in placement.

If you get a High Power keep in mind that it is a retro-reflective screen. You would need to have the projector at roughly head height to take advantage of the High Power. If you need to ceiling mount the pj, you'd do just as well with a white screen.

They said the HD1000U was a light cannon, this HC3800 really puts out some light, I'm thinking of a ceiling mount as I need more room for devices to hook to it... (A-2 HD DVD Player, PS3 Slim & WDTV Box hooked to now & cables coming from living room from a ViP622)

Thanks for the calculator. Looks like the Epson better suits my room layout, and can set it on existing furniture. Anyway, a ways off...just researching right now.

Mine is on the headboard of my waterbed,(large headboard) and is about 42" from floor, my homemade screen is now at 110" diagonal showing 16:9 material and is about 15' away...
How do you do that...tilt it up??? On headboard, are you using as ceiling or floor mount? How far above floor is bottom of screen? Sorry for all the questions.

Screen top is like about 2" from ceiling (8' ceiling at that point) about 37" from Floor (bottom of pic when watching 16:9 source) flat headboard like a bookshelf, I have a 1/4" piece of wood in back to adjust and looking at it is tilted down a bit...

Screen top is like about 2" from ceiling (8' ceiling at that point) about 37" from Floor (bottom of pic when watching 16:9 source) flat headboard like a bookshelf, I have a 1/4" piece of wood in back to adjust and looking at it is tilted down a bit...

No key-stoning from the tilt?

Free Lamp deal expires at the end of the month... almost 3 months with zero issues...

I've been looking at this one vs the Epson 8100. I tend to prefer the DLP projectors, although some have complained about rainbows on the 3800.

What is attracting me to the 8100 is that it has lens shift. I guess I am starting to buy into Greg's position that digital keystone adjustment kills resolution. The Epson is about the same price as the Mitsu.

Don, do you have yours ceiling mounted? How much horizontal drop is built in the the 3800 if keystone isn't applied?

Mine is on the headboard of my Waterbed for now, seriously thinking of putting in a shelf for it (easier than a ceiling mount) as it puts out a lot of heat. not sure on the drop. On some programs if I am looking away out of the corner of my eye I can barely see rainbows.

I've been looking at this one vs the Epson 8100. I tend to prefer the DLP projectors, although some have complained about rainbows on the 3800.

What is attracting me to the 8100 is that it has lens shift. I guess I am starting to buy into Greg's position that digital keystone adjustment kills resolution. The Epson is about the same price as the Mitsu.

Don, do you have yours ceiling mounted? How much horizontal drop is built in the the 3800 if keystone isn't applied?

Jay,

Check this out :D

Epson Home Cinema 1080 Home Theater Projector - (EPSHOME1080)

S~

The HC3800 has a 29% image offset. If your screen is 52" tall like mine(106" diagonal) the image offset is 15".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts