Mitsubishi HC3800 projector !!

Well, after much research, debate and indecision, I went for the Epson HC8100 this morning.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Epson-PowerLite-Theatre-Projector-V11H336120/dp/B002T0KTSW/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3"]Amazon.com: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Ryncd7GsL.@@AMEPARAM@@31Ryncd7GsL[/ame]

Should be here tomorrow. It was the optical lens shift and greater light output that finally decided it for me.

It came in. 10 minutes to set up. Lens shift is really nice. Set it to eco mode and tried a couple of the presets. Wow! Projecting a 140" image on a white wall and it is incredible.

Since this thread is for the Mitsu, I'll start a new one here after I have a chance to live with it a few days.

Well, I was considering starting a thread on the Epson, but I am having grief. It started going black when switching between low res and HD on BluRays. I was fiddling with the receiver output resolution and the like, but nothing was helping much. Tonight both the lamp and power lights started blinking. The manual says that is auto iris failure, so I guess I have a bad one and will need to exchange it.

Everyone says Epson customer service is excellent, but I bought from Amazon. Not sure who I should call first. Probably Amazon as that leaves me with more options. I think if I take the exchange from Epson, I'm likely to get a refurb and probably wouldn't be able to return it or exchange for the Mitsu if the replacement doesn't work out.

Either one sounds fine. I am sure Amazon will exchange a new one if you are within 30 days. The good thing about going through Epson, they will send a replacement while getting your fp fixed for the two year warranty.

Well, I was considering starting a thread on the Epson, but I am having grief. It started going black when switching between low res and HD on BluRays. I was fiddling with the receiver output resolution and the like, but nothing was helping much. Tonight both the lamp and power lights started blinking. The manual says that is auto iris failure, so I guess I have a bad one and will need to exchange it.

Everyone says Epson customer service is excellent, but I bought from Amazon. Not sure who I should call first. Probably Amazon as that leaves me with more options. I think if I take the exchange from Epson, I'm likely to get a refurb and probably wouldn't be able to return it or exchange for the Mitsu if the replacement doesn't work out.

You should start a new thread for the Epson.

Mine has been neglected lately, not much time to watch... this weekend I'll do some catching up ;)

I wish. I have driven down to Rockford 3 times in the last 5 days, and when I am here I seem to be constantly running. Was home last night, but things didn't settle down until 9. We decided to watch Covert Affairs upstairs because it was too late to spin a disc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)