Mitsubishi WD-60638 60-Inch 1080p 3D-Ready DLP HDTV

100_0008.jpg

Here is a good uniformity shot for anyone interested. Im not seeing any dim spots or real hot spots during normal viewing, real happy with this tv so far. Also LOVE the 1/2 wide bezel.

My viewing height was not quite high enough, in my opinion, so I used a formula online to determine tilt. I've got a 3/8" shim under the back legs so the set slightly tilts towards me. Picture is very uniform.

Picture looks great, I am really looking at making the move to the Mitsu, though I am thinking I am going to wait untill November as I have a 200.00 store credit I can cash in at that time from a previous TV purchase with the serivce warrenty. Hopefully the Mistus DLP will still be going strong at that time.

Ok, I am seeing a 60738 mitsu for 850? thinking of going ahead and replaceing my 42 plasma...Wonder if I will see if difference :) Though as far as viewing it will be on a TV stand that is about waist high I am 5'10 any viewing issues I may find such as when kids lie on the floor??

Thanks for any input

I picked up a 60738 for $699 earlier this month. I'm very happy with it.
My Brother texted me this morning, said their 60738 was going to dump if I didn't want it, my 65738 sacrificed itself to save other things when my house burnt down last December... They dusted the lamp housing and soon after it quit on them a couple years ago, I have it working in a spare room right now, it has issues, but will make a good bedroom set i hope.

5.5 years. Nice.

I like RPTVs also. Mine is a JVC LCoS. But sadly, time and technology marches on.

In a couple of years, I will dump my 36" and 27" CRTs and move my RPTV to a secondary role. If it lasts that long. I have a spare bulb. Current one has been saying replace me for over 3 years now. But pic is fine.

Sad to see that technology go. At least LCoS lives on in FPTVs. Does the DLP live on there also?

My old 60mits DLP is still going strong. Gave it to my neighbor at lake last year when I got the 65in 4K and moved 60in LCD out there. Stopped by neighbors a week ago and saw part of football game on it while visiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts