MLB 2008 Season

That's why they play the games, isn't it? You are wrong about the AL Central, though. The Twins, Sox, and the up and coming Royals, are still very dangerous teams. You'll see. This will be a tough division, maybe the toughest in MLB.

Hey, some of you guys that are posting in this thread, joing the Sat Guys Fantasy League. Go down to the normal threads in the Sports Section, find it and go to the first post for directions. We have 2 spots left. Will probably change the draft date to a bit later, maybe go live if thats wahat everyone wants but I cant do that till we have all 10 spots filled so lets go!

Join the Sat Guys Fantasy Baseball League. 2 spots left. Go down the the normal threads in the Sports Section. Go to the first post in the Sat Guys Fantasy League thread and follow the directions. Will porbably change the Auto draft date to later on or next week, maybe go live if everyone wants too. 2 spots left!

I would like to know how many games my Reds will be in HD this year. Where can I find this info?

sked is now up on the reds website. but fsn ohio is broadcasting 145 reds games, 71 of those will be in hd! that's about double the number of hd games, although, i wish all or most of them would be in hd.

Detroit fan: Beware of the Cav's this year. While records may indicate otherwise, you know deep down that you're still second fiddle to the Cav's in the Eastern-Central.

A day after scoring 136 points, you were held in check by scoring only 73 in a losing effort to the Cleveland Cavaliers?! Looks like the Cav's are the new defensive juggernaut in the NBA. We sure seem to have your number Piston's! And the scary part is that the Cav's still have key players with injuries not playing and our newly acquired players are still jelling with the rest of the team. We should be just hitting our stride come playoffs though. Look out! :eek:

My company just received our annual Indian's season tickets. I already reserved the nationally televised game against the Yankees on Saturday, April 26th. I can't wait! Baseball season and Spring can't come soon enough. Winter in Cleveland has been all too long....

I would love to go up to Jacob's Field and see a game. I think it's only 5 hours from me.

I would love to go up to Jacob's Field and see a game. I think it's only 5 hours from me.

Yup. It is truly among the elite places to see a ballgame.

BTW, it's called "Progressive Field" this year. It will however forever be known at Jacob's Field to me though.

All these corporate names really grind on me. I liked it better when they were named after people, or the teams that played there. Can't keep the damn names straight, with all this corporate juggling.

Oh, no! The new sign was put up yesterday!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Okay they are all nice...been to just about all of them. I think that All American (Reds) is a bit on the cheaper side with all of that poured concrete instead of the bricks. PNC is real nice, smaller than Jacobs or Citizens Bank. Spent the first two years in Jacobs with my store on the left field porch, was great, probably still is. Okay, soo you all know that I am a Phils fan, love the park the most. One thing though I can say that isn't because I am biased, Citizens has the bset freakin food. Not just me saying it, they won the award for the last two years. Cheesesteaks are the real deal. Schmidter are fantastic. And the Bull, Greg Luzinskii's barbecue out in right field is great!

As meaningless as predictions are and the fact that most people are usually wrong on most, I still think it is fun. Here is my predictions for 2008:

NL West: Dodgers (Like I would pick anyone else). The only team that does not have a chance in this best division is the Giants.
NL Central: Cubs (Brewers get close and the Reds are much better)
NL East: Braves (Just get by the Mets and Phils)

AL West: M's (Just get by the Angels due to Angel injuries) Worst Division in baseball
AL Central: Indians (Tigers possibly, but their pitching is too weak)
AL East: Sox (Won't got to the WS this year though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)