MLB 2008 Season

Okay they are all nice...been to just about all of them. I think that All American (Reds) is a bit on the cheaper side with all of that poured concrete instead of the bricks. PNC is real nice, smaller than Jacobs or Citizens Bank. Spent the first two years in Jacobs with my store on the left field porch, was great, probably still is. Okay, soo you all know that I am a Phils fan, love the park the most. One thing though I can say that isn't because I am biased, Citizens has the bset freakin food. Not just me saying it, they won the award for the last two years. Cheesesteaks are the real deal. Schmidter are fantastic. And the Bull, Greg Luzinskii's barbecue out in right field is great!

It's "Great American Ballpark"!! :D

As meaningless as predictions are and the fact that most people are usually wrong on most, I still think it is fun. Here is my predictions for 2008:

NL West: Dodgers (Like I would pick anyone else). The only team that does not have a chance in this best division is the Giants.
NL Central: Cubs (Brewers get close and the Reds are much better)
NL East: Braves (Just get by the Mets and Phils)

AL West: M's (Just get by the Angels due to Angel injuries) Worst Division in baseball
AL Central: Indians (Tigers possibly, but their pitching is too weak)
AL East: Sox (Won't got to the WS this year though)

You still need to pick your Wild Card teams, they need to be included in these types of posts as they are just as important, WC teams have done VERY WELL in the playoffs ...

Jimbo

You still need to pick your Wild Card teams, they need to be included in these types of posts as they are just as important, WC teams have done VERY WELL in the playoffs ...

Jimbo
I must have forgotten.

NL WC: Any western division team except the Giants
AL WC: Indians or Tigers (which ever one does not finish in first)

You should go see PNC Park.

Why would I want to do that?;):D

I went to the new Busch Stadium last year.

In my opinion, PNC is superior to Great America in overall looks and comfort. Great American was designed too steep, which gives you no leg room at all. The concourses are more open at PNC, the view is of the Allegeny river and downtown Pittsburgh skyline (as opposed to the Ohio and part of Newport, KY), and the food is much better. Teams are about the same though. :)

When it comes down to it however, Miller Park in Milwaukee has them both beat. :up

Last edited:
New Busch and Minute Maid are pretty good too.

Of all the "new wave" parks I've been to, this is how I'd rank them:

1. PNC Park
2. Camden Yards
3. Comerica Park
4. Citizens Bank Park
5. Coors Field
6. Jacobs Field
7. Minute Maid Park
8. Turner Field
9. Great American Ballpark :( (and I'm a Reds fan)

Sunday (4/6/08) MLB TV Schedule

Bold = Possible c/ku feeds
Blue = Possible DirecTV EI/EIHD feeds

1:05p EDT
Rays (FSN Florida & EI 722) @ Yankees (YES HD & EI 723 & EIHD 723-1)
1:07p EDT
Red Sox (NESN & EI 724 & EIHD 724-1) @ Blue Jays (Rogers SportsNet) & TBS Sports
1:10p EDT
Pirates (No TV) @ Marlins (Sun Sports HD & EI 726 EIHD 726-1)
1:15p EDT
Phillies (WPSG-57) @ Reds (FSN Cincinnati & EI 727)

1:35p EDT
Mets (SNY HD & EI 728 & EIHD 728-1) @ Braves (SportSouth & EI 729 & EIHD 729-1)
Mariners (FSN Northwest HD & EI 730 & EIHD 730-1) @ Orioles (WJZ-13/MASN & EI 740)

2:05p EDT
Giants (CSN Bay Area & EI 731) @ Brewers (FSN Wisconsin & EI 732)
2:10p EDT
Royals (FSN Midwest Alternate HD & EI 733 & EIHD 733-1) at Twins (WFTC-29/FSN North outstate)
2:15p EDT
Nationals (MASN2 & EI 739) at Cardinals (KSDK-5 HD/KYPK-49)
2:20p EDT
Astros (KTXH-20/FSN Southwest Alternate & EI 741) @ Cubs (WGN)
3:05p EDT
Diamondbacks (FSN Arizona & EI 735) @ Rockies (KTVD-MY20 Denver/KASY MY50 Albuquerque)

3:35p EDT
Rangers (FSN Southwest HD & EI 736 & EIHD 736-1) @ Angels (KCOP 13)

4:05p EDT
Dodgers (KCAL-9) @ Padres (4 San Diego HD & EI 737 & EIHD 737-1)
Indians (STO HD & EI 738 & EIHD 738-1) @ Athletics (KICU-36)

8:05p EDT
White Sox @ Tigers = ESPN 2 HD

Last edited:
Of all the "new wave" parks I've been to, this is how I'd rank them:

1. PNC Park
2. Camden Yards
3. Comerica Park
4. Citizens Bank Park
5. Coors Field
6. Jacobs Field
7. Minute Maid Park
8. Turner Field
9. Great American Ballpark :( (and I'm a Reds fan)

Of the 5 new ones I've been too:

1. Miller Park
2. PNC
3. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
4. Coors Field
5. Great American

I plan to hit Cleveland, Detroit, and St. Louis this year if possible. :D

I need to hit Philly - easy to get to. Park always looks nice.

Lordy, how I can't wait for Citi Field, and the demise of Shea. Yankee Stadium, too.

Sunday (4/13/08) MLB TV Schedule

Bold = C/Ku analog/digital feeds

1:05p EDT
Athletics (CSN Bay Area & EI 722) @ Indians (WKYC-3 HD/WNGS-RTN 66)
1:10p EDT
Brewers (FSN Wisconsin & EI 723) @ Mets (WPIX-11)

1:35p EDT
Braves (SportSouth & EI 725) @ Nationals (MASN & EI 726)
Cubs (CSN Chicago HD & EI 727 & EIHD 727-1) @ Phillies (WPSG-57) & WTBS Sports HD ch 247
Reds (FSN Cincinnati HD & EI 728 & EIHD 728-1) @ Pirates (FSN Pittsburgh & EI 729 & EIHD 729-1)
1:40p EDT
Orioles (MASN 2 & EI 730) @ Rays (FSN Florida & EI 731)

2:05p EDT
Tigers (FSN Detroit HD & EI 732 & EIHD 732-1) @ White Sox (WGN & Ch 307)
Marlins (Sun Sports & EI 733) @ Astros (KTXH-20 HD & EI 734)
2:10p EDT
Twins (WFTC-29/FSN North outstate & EI ??????) at Royals (FSN Midwest Alternate HD & EI 735 & EIHD 735-1)

3:05p EDT
Blue Jays (Rogers SportsNet HD & EI 736 & EIHD 736-1) @ Rangers (FSN Southwest & EI ??????)

4:05p EDT
Cardinals (KSDK-5 HD/KFDF-10/KKYK-49/WAZE-CW19) at Giants (CSN Bay Area & EI 737 & EIHD 737-1)
4:10p EDT
Rockies (KTVD-MY20/KASY-MY50) @ Diamondbacks (FSN Arizona & EI 738)
Angels (FSN West HD & EI 739 & EIHD 739-1) @ Mariners (FSN Northwest HD & EI 740 & EIHD 740-1)
Padres (4 San Diego HD & EI 741 & EIHD 741-1) @ Dodgers (FSN Prime Ticket & EI 742 & EIHD 742-1)

8:05p EDT
Yankees @ Red Sox = ESPN

Last edited:
Astros feed scheduled for AMC 15 Ku Tr 1/Upper Vertical - 11729 MHz SR 13021 - SD

Rangers TV switch apparently from KDFI to FSN Southwest.

It doesn't look like they will ever add the twins simulcasts to mlb ei on directv and the rangers game today appears to be the rangers reed and not blue jays rsn feed in directv. rsn feed isn't being used for some reason today.

A's game in a rain delay. WNGS with "technical difficulties"

A's have alternate programming - 40 years about something.

rain delay in Pittsburgh. Only pitching mound and home plate covered. Heavy "mist"
Reds HD feed on DTV not in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)