MLB 2008 Season

Okay fine, if he was that bad then they shold have fired him after last season. How is this guy supposed to get a job in the future, after the indignity of losing your job in the middle of a pennant race! To me that's not about having "balls", that's about being having zero class! I hope they fall flat on their faces the next two weeks, and then lose both Sabathia and Sheets to free agency! :mad:

Why in the world would the Brewers care whether Yost gets a job? And what difference would it make if he is fired mid-season or the off-season regarding whether he would get another job? It maybe would be classless if he had won something for them previously, but since he is such a crap manager and has never meant squat to them, there is nothing inappropriate about it.

After vainly pulling for them to beat out the Cubs and throwing up my hands, I actually wanted them to fall on their faces UNTIL this move. Go Brew Crew.

You don't have to hope about Sheets and Sabathia. They'll be gone.

Why in the world would the Brewers care whether Yost gets a job?
And what difference would it make if he is fired mid-season or the off-season regarding whether he would get another job?

IMO plenty, he will have this indignity hanging over his for head the rest of his professional life.

It maybe would be classless if he had won something for them previously, but since he is such a crap manager and has never meant squat to them, there is nothing inappropriate about it.

There's nothing inappropriate about working 14-16 hour days since January to get your team in shape and focused for a pennant run, then when you are on the cusp of maybe doing something that hasn't been done in 26 years in Milwaukee..........you have it snatched away from you just like that??? That's not inappropriate or classless??? How would you like to be on a job, (I don't care what job it is) and you put all kinds of time and sweat into it, and it's NEAR completion...................but you have it suddenly taken away? I'm sorry, but that SUCKS!!!

I'm not saying Ned Yost is the best manager in the world- in fact, far from it- but they should have fired him last offseason, the all-star break, or in two weeks if the Brewers fail to make the playoffs...........NOT NOW!!!

Go Cubs!!! Go Mets!!! Go Phillies!!! Hell, Go Nationals!!! :D

To the Victor Goes the Spoiler

In an exciting, offensive packed game, the Indians beat the Twins for the second time in the ongoing 3 game series, 12-9.

This time, Victor Martinez provided the knockout punch. In the bottom of the 11th, Martinez hit a game-winning, walk-off homer off former immortal, Joe Nathan. This was the first walk-off homer Nathan has allowed in 428 career appearances!

The Indians go for the series sweep tonight as they send Cliff Lee to the mound for a chance to win his 22nd game this season. The Twins will counter with Scott Baker, who will pitch on 3 days rest.

This loss by the Twins puts them 2.5 games back out of first place in the AL Central.

BTW, don't get to happy White Sox fans, the Tribe is coming to your place during the final 3 games of this regular season.

After tonight, the Indians schedule is as follows:

3 games vs. Detroit
4 games @ Boston
3 games @ Chicago White Sox

IMO plenty, he will have this indignity hanging over his for head the rest of his professional life.

Players get "fired" every day, and no one brings up this indignity/classless stuff unless the player played there for 15 years and was a perennial all-star. How is this any different?

I know this isn't your point, but Yost was going to take them nowhere this season. When he pulled a "Dusty Baker" after CC's near no-no, I figured the team would unfortunately take on the personality of its whiny manager, and it did. The only thing I know about Sveum is that he was the guy that hit a game-winning HR for them to give them 13 wins in a row at the beginning of the season in 1987(?). Sometimes you need something like this to wake up your players. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't matter--it wouldn't have anyway.

Players get "fired" every day, and no one brings up this indignity/classless stuff unless the player played there for 15 years and was a perennial all-star. How is this any different?

That's a very good point. One that I can't dispute. :up

I know this isn't your point, but Yost was going to take them nowhere this season. When he pulled a "Dusty Baker" after CC's near no-no, I figured the team would unfortunately take on the personality of its whiny manager, and it did.

I agree that Yost did go overboard on the Sabathia non no-hitter thing, but the Brewers weren't free-falling at that time and I thought if anything, it showed the Brewers players that their manager was going to bat for them (guess I was wrong :D).

The only thing I know about Sveum is that he was the guy that hit a game-winning HR for them to give them 13 wins in a row at the beginning of the season in 1987(?). Sometimes you need something like this to wake up your players. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't matter--it wouldn't have anyway.

That's right, I had forgotten about that. Great memory. :up

09/18/2008 1:30 PM ET
TBS unveils announcers for postseason
Network will have exclusive coverage of Division Series, ALCS
By Jim Molony / MLB.com

Veteran play-by-play men Chip Caray, Don Orsillo and Dick Stockton, two-time Emmy Award-winner Ernie Johnson and Hall of Famers Cal Ripken and Dennis Eckersley will comprise part of the broadcasting roster for the TBS network's exclusive coverage of the four Division Series and the American League Championship Series, the network announced Thursday.
Caray, the announcer for "Sunday MLB on TBS," Boston play-by-play man Orsillo, Milwaukee's Brian Anderson and Stockton will handle the ALDS and National League Division Series alongside a team of expert analysts including "Sunday MLB on TBS" analysts Ron Darling and Buck Martinez, Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn, 16-year veteran broadcaster Joe Simpson, pitcher John Smoltz and two-time AL All-Star/MLB.com host Harold Reynolds.
Johnson will be in the studio for each of the first-round series, where he will be breaking down each night's action with Ripken, Eckersley and Detroit Tigers center fielder Curtis Granderson.
Also contributing to the ALDS and NLDS postseason coverage will be Major League Baseball insider for TBS and Sports Illustrated baseball senior writer Tom Verducci, along with field reporters Craig Sager, Marc Fein and David Aldridge.
"We are excited to have a team of announcers with such well-regarded and respected credentials for the MLB Postseason on TBS," Turner Sports executive producer Jeff Behnke said. "Their extensive knowledge and experience from all aspects of the game will provide fans with in-depth analysis of the MLB Postseason on TBS."
TBS' exclusive coverage of the ALCS will be called by Caray (play-by-play), Darling (analyst) and Martinez (analyst), with an on-site studio team featuring Johnson (host), Ripken (analyst), Eckersley (analyst) and Reynolds (analyst).
Sager will serve as a reporter for the ALCS, with an additional reporter assigned to cover the National League Championship Series to be announced at a later time.
Also returning this season is an enhanced version of TBS Hot Corner on MLB.com (http://www.mlb.com/tbshotcorner). Each game featured during TBS' exclusive Division Series and ALCS coverage will provide fans with four distinct camera angles to choose from, or the option to view them simultaneously in a four-screen mosaic. This year's media player will be leveraging Microsoft Silverlight technology, allowing fans more interactivity as they choose between multiple game feeds. The four distinct camera angles include dugout cam, PitchTrax cam, pitcher cam and batter cam. With this year's live game streaming application, fans will have the option to switch between live games, submit questions to the booth to be answered on air, interact with other fans around the country in live chat rooms, and vote in live polls. An on-site reporter will bring fans live reports and exclusive interviews throughout the game as well.

Let's hope TBS can get some compelling/competitive series.

The Indians/Yankees series was their only series that didn't end in a sweep.

YES! We need these series to go the distance so we can keep all the teams fresh. We do not want any one team sitting like the Rockies did last year and ruining the Series.

Let's hope TBS can get some compelling/competitive series.

The Indians/Yankees series was their only series that didn't end in a sweep.

I know, TBS got hosed last year. In 2007 they televised all four best-of-five LDS series, and the best-of-seven NLCS. That's a MINIMUM of 16 games...........and they ended up televising ONE more than that (Indians-Yankees game 4). They did, however, have that epic Padres-Rockies one game playoff (a game that I saw very sparingly because I watching Pats-Bengals on MNF).

When you think of it, the whole 2007 postseason was pretty bad. Only the Indians-Red Sox ALCS (and FOX carried that) was even remotely compelling.

I know, TBS got hosed last year. In 2007 they televised all four best-of-five LDS series, and the best-of-seven NLCS. That's a MINIMUM of 16 games...........and they ended up televising ONE more than that (Indians-Yankees game 4). They did, however, have that epic Padres-Rockies one game playoff (a game that I saw very sparingly because I watching Pats-Bengals on MNF).

When you think of it, the whole 2007 postseason was pretty bad. Only the Indians-Red Sox ALCS (and FOX carried that) was even remotely compelling.

You must have missed the ALDS series between the Indians and Yankees. That was an extremely compelling series.

You must have missed the ALDS series between the Indians and Yankees. That was an extremely compelling series.

No, I didn't miss it. But other than the bugs attacking Joba, I didn't find anything too memorable about that series. JMO.

Indians AAA Affiliate Moves from Buffalo to Columbus!

While this was a rumor for a while, it appears that the speculation has come true.

Per the Columbus Dispatch, the Cleveland Indians will officially have their Triple-A affiliate located within the state of Ohio in the form of the Columbus Clippers - formerly the affiliate of the Washington Nationals. The Indians former Triple-A affiliate was previously known as the Buffalo Bison, located in upstate NY. (Sorry Sabres. No more baseball for you!)

This is great news for fans of the Indians, as well as residents of Columbus, as this now places the Triple-A rung not all too far from the big boys, and within another major city in Ohio - a state in dire need of income. With the Double-A Aeros in Akron and the Single-A Captains in Eastlake, most Tribe fans will now be within spitting distance of some Cleveland baseball!

Indians, Clippers. Clippers, Indians. | WaitingForNextYear

I'll never forget it...opening day 1988 Bison Baseball and the snowflakes were the size of potato chips!!! I moved to L.A. that May and never looked back!!!!:D

Lol. Buffalo has been a good home for us for a while, but I have to admit, it will be nice moving the boys a little south and in the lovely state of Ohio.

Oh, and I'm sure that the building and opening of a new ballpark in the Downtown Arena District of Columbus had something to do with them moving to C-bus. Check out these pics of Huntington Park, which is scheduled to be ready for the upcoming '09 season.....

000%20to%20left.jpg

000%20to%20right.jpg

000%20scoreboard.jpg

000%20nightshot.jpg

000%20nationwide.jpg

000%20homeplate%20entry.jpg

000%20center%20field.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts