MLB 2009 Season

So winning 7-8 straight is chopped liver ?
fwiw, they lost a game and started another win streak ....
Thats what good teams do :up

Not saying what the Tigers are doing is chopped liver, but there are other teams that fail to get any attention when they do good too.

Not saying what the Tigers are doing is chopped liver, but there are other teams that fail to get any attention when they do good too.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the team did so poorly last year that we won't see them get much coverage or recognition till they are in the hunt still after the all-star break. Not to mention the Twins always seem to find their way to the top of the division after starting slowly the first couple of months of the season.

It's been a treat watching the NL Central thus far through the season. Hopefully, Cinncy's pitching can hold up and keep this race tight. The Brewers/Cards series have been entertaining to watch as well.

Maybe because they're not one of the chosen East Coast teams that get most of the national coverage

Toronto has now lost nine in a row.:eek::eek::eek:

You think now is a good time to say their fast start may be a mirage, or should we give them some time?

Anybody else notice that Manny Ramirez is 4th in the All-Star voting? I think he comes back from suspension just in time to play in the game. They really need to take the voting away from the uneducated.:D

Having said that, I think I will vote for him, just for the sheer hypocrisy.:rolleyes:

Anybody else notice that Manny Ramirez is 4th in the All-Star voting? I think he comes back from suspension just in time to play in the game. They really need to take the voting away from the uneducated.:D

Having said that, I think I will vote for him, just for the sheer hypocrisy.:rolleyes:

This is no different from players who were injured the entire first year that get voted in. Big, recognizable names are the ones that get picked. For the most part, it's a popularity contest.

Without meaning any disrespect to any of these players, we know the balloting is a popularity contest to most and unfortunately there certainly aren't any names I see from 5 down in this list that jump out at those people to vote for:

Code:
1. Ryan Braun Brewers 663,164 
2. Alfonso Soriano Cubs 545,354 
3. Carlos Beltran Mets 476,843 
4. Manny Ramirez Dodgers 442,763 
5. Mike Cameron Brewers 432,034 
6. Raul Ibanez Phillies 399,969 
7. Corey Hart Brewers 397,001 
8. Ryan Ludwick Cardinals 348,768 
9. Rick Ankiel Cardinals 331,412 
10. Shane Victorino Phillies 300,385 
11. Andre Ethier Dodgers 223,086 
12. Jayson Werth Phillies 217,670 
13. Kosuke Fukudome Cubs 214,199 
14. Matt Kemp Dodgers 209,668 
15. Chris Duncan Cardinals 206,058

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts