MLB 2010 Season

Was the radar gun in Cincy rigged for that kid tonight who pitched the 8th?

8 pitches and 5 at 100 or more (including 103)? Seriously????

He supposivly hit 102 and 105 in the last game in the minors the other night.
But you know they have Hot guns and Not hot guns, so no one knows, wait till he goes on the road and then you'll see.

I'm not saying he didn't hit them, but you really don't know.

I would say the guns are fine. They didn't do anything to them I would think. Like Jimbo said wait til the road games.

I was watching the mix and switched sound to that game during the brawl. The Marlin announcers are among the worst I have ever heard. They were all over Morgan. But after he was hit the first time, he just took his base and proceeded to steal second and third. Next time up the pitcher threw behind him and as you can see from the video,all hell broke loose. They were all over him to take it like a man. He did that the first time. You could see Riggleman telling Gonzales that once was fine. Those announcers, and I don't even know who they were, were so far off base with the analysis that I can't believe they even have a job.

I was watching the mix and switched sound to that game during the brawl. The Marlin announcers are among the worst I have ever heard. They were all over Morgan. But after he was hit the first time, he just took his base and proceeded to steal second and third. Next time up the pitcher threw behind him and as you can see from the video,all hell broke loose. They were all over him to take it like a man. He did that the first time. You could see Riggleman telling Gonzales that once was fine. Those announcers, and I don't even know who they were, were so far off base with the analysis that I can't believe they even have a job.

On the contrary. The day before, he could have easily slid home because the catcher was not blocking the plate....and barrelled him over to the point of a grade 4 dislocation of his shoulder. He is out for the season. He is already appealing a suspension for:

A league official said Morgan exchanged an "ongoing dialogue" with one fan and then, at the start of the bottom of the eighth inning, threw a ball in the stands and struck a fan. The league was notified about the event because security at Citizens Bank Ballpark became involved and filed a report.

Nationals Journal - Nyjer Morgan's suspension hearing set

He ALSO ran into St. Louis Cardinals catcher Bryan Anderson not to long ago when there was NO PLAY at that plate AND Anderson was standing on the 1st base side of the plate.

So to say he had it coming, it is an understatement!:rolleyes:

NY Mets Johan Santana is done for the year and will be undergoing surgery on his arm soon.

I still think Santana is a very good pitcher, BUT I'm soooo glad that the Red Sox didn't pull the trigger on a proposed deal with the Twins a few years ago.

Supposedly the deal was Santana to the Sox for Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz and Jacoby Ellsbury. :eek::eek::eek:

I still think Santana is a very good pitcher, BUT I'm soooo glad that the Red Sox didn't pull the trigger on a proposed deal with the Twins a few years ago.

Supposedly the deal was Santana to the Sox for Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz and Jacoby Ellsbury. :eek::eek::eek:

I thinkin many ways, the METS coaching staff over pitched because of the lack of middle relief they had. I would have made the trade BACK THEN because the Red Sox were better established in middle relief than the METS. NOW, of course I would not pull the trigger because everything the those 3 mentioned above have contributed to the team.

After watching the Reds and Pirates the last three days IMO if the Reds' bullpen doesn't get better they will get kicked out of the playoffs in the first round.

If the Pirates can comeback and tie in two of the games and go ahead and win another game that just means the bullpen needs help.

After watching the Reds and Pirates the last three days IMO if the Reds' bullpen doesn't get better they will get kicked out of the playoffs in the first round.

If the Pirates can comeback and tie in two of the games and go ahead and win another game that just means the bullpen needs help.

If Cordero doesn't get his head out of his you know what, then the Reds are done. If it wasn't for the Cardinals falling off the face of the earth the Reds would be in second place right now.

Cordero is horrible. They have got to make a change in the closers role. Give Masset or just about anyone else a shot at it. If they don't they could have an historic end of season meltdown or get just absolutely blown away in the playoffs.

TBS has announced their LDS announcers:

1. Ernie Johnson/Ron Darling/John Smoltz (this crew will also call the ALCS)
2. Don Orsillo/Buck Martinez
3. Dick Stockton/Bob Brenly
4. Brian Anderson/Joe Simpson

Studio: Matt Winer/Dennis Eckersley/Tony Gwynn/Cal Ripken

Prediction: look for the #1 crew to call the Yankees LDS, whether it's against the Rangers or Twins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts