MLB 2010 Season

TBS has announced their LDS announcers:

1. Ernie Johnson/Ron Darling/John Smoltz (this crew will also call the ALCS)
2. Don Orsillo/Buck Martinez
3. Dick Stockton/Bob Brenly
4. Brian Anderson/Joe Simpson

Studio: Matt Winer/Dennis Eckersley/Tony Gwynn/Cal Ripken

Prediction: look for the #1 crew to call the Yankees LDS, whether it's against the Rangers or Twins.

It's sad that the playoffs are no longer available to everyone OTA.

We use to watch the playoff games in school, starting around 1 -2 pm.

Teacher brought the TV in and gave lessons according to what happened in the games.

Never happen now, I doubt SCHOOL's have cable available.

It's sad that the playoffs are no longer available to everyone OTA.

We use to watch the playoff games in school, starting around 1 -2 pm.

Teacher brought the TV in and gave lessons according to what happened in the games.

Never happen now, I doubt SCHOOL's have cable available.

With the extra tier of playoffs it's unrealistic to get all the games (4 series) OTA.

However, I do agree that it's a disgrace that BOTH LCS aren't available OTA!

With the extra tier of playoffs it's unrealistic to get all the games (4 series) OTA.

However, I do agree that it's a disgrace that BOTH LCS aren't available OTA!

Why, ABC could do one division and CBS another ....

I know this would take a lot of co operation from the networks, but .... it could be done.

Why, ABC could do one division and CBS another ....

I know this would take a lot of co operation from the networks, but .... it could be done.

MLB doesn't have a contract with CBS, and while yes they do have a contract with Disney (ESPN), I doubt that ABC would have any interest in televising ONLY LDS games.

I wasn't particullarly talking about ABC and CBS, just two network companies that would be able to show games.

Gotcha.

But still, as much as I hate to admit it, I think it would be bad from purely a business sense for the OTA networks to pick up ALL these first round games.......especially in this day and age with all the cable outlets.

But again, it's a shame that BOTH LCS's aren't televised OTA!

Like yourself Jimbo, I remember coming home from school and watching a baseball playoff game on either NBC or ABC (back in those days NBC and ABC would alternate the LSC's and the World Series)

Gotcha.

But still, as much as I hate to admit it, I think it would be bad from purely a business sense for the OTA networks to pick up ALL these first round games.......especially in this day and age with all the cable outlets.

But again, it's a shame that BOTH LCS's aren't televised OTA!

Like yourself Jimbo, I remember coming home from school and watching a baseball playoff game on either NBC or ABC (back in those days NBC and ABC would alternate the LSC's and the World Series)

Those were the Days ! (All in the Family Theme !)

The Red Sox magic numbers vis a vis the Devil Rays and Yankees are 24 and 23, respectively. Any combination of Red Sox wins and Tampa Bay losses adding up to 24, or of Red Sox wins and Yankees losses adding up to 23, clinches the Red Sox a playoff spot. Unfortunately, the Red Sox and Yankees each have just 16 games left to play, and the Rays have 15.

Since the Red Sox only have 6 games remaining with the Yankees and none with the Devil Rays,, and since the 16 games they can win plus the 6 losses they can force on the Yankees only adds up to 22, they now need help from other teams. Slim left the room long ago.

Scuttaro's dropped pop-up could cost Bucholtz the Cy Young Award. The Red Sox will be giving each starter just two more starts this year.

The race for seeds 2, 3 and 4 in NL is sooooo close right now. I have serious doubts whether all will be settled over the next 10 days!

1. Phillies........91-61

2. Padres........85-66 (leads NL West)
3. Reds...........86-67 (leads NL Central)
4. Braves........86-67 (leads NL Wild Card- can be no higher than #4)
5. Giants.........85-67 (0.5 games behind BOTH division and WC)
6. Rockies.......82-69 (3 games behind BOTH division and WC)

The Giants RIGHT NOW are on the outside looking in, but as early as tomorrow they could be a 2, 3 or 4 seed. That's crazy this late in the season!

BTW, notice how the fives teams battling for the last three spots were all members of the FORMER NL West.

Yankees (92-61) and Rays (91-61) are now tied in the loss column, but the Rays would win the AL East if they finished tied based on head-to-head (10-8).

Another thing the Rays have going for them: remaining schedule......the Rays have 10 games remaining, all against cupcakes.

Yankees remaining schedule (9 games)- BOSTON (84-68) (3), @ Toronto (77-75) (3), @ Boston (84-68) (3)

Rays remaining schedule (10 games)- SEATTLE (58-94) (3), BALTIMORE (61-91) (3), @ Kansas City (63-89) (4)

Obviously HUGE advantage to the Rays.

It looks like I was VERY premature looking forward to a Rays-Twins series. It looks like the Rays should win the division and play Texas in the LDS.

Yankees (92-61) and Rays (91-61) are now tied in the loss column, but the Rays would win the AL East if they finished tied based on head-to-head (10-8).

Another thing the Rays have going for them: remaining schedule......the Rays have 10 games remaining, all against cupcakes.

Yankees remaining schedule (9 games)- BOSTON (84-68) (3), @ Toronto (77-75) (3), @ Boston (84-68) (3)

Rays remaining schedule (10 games)- SEATTLE (58-94) (3), BALTIMORE (61-91) (3), @ Kansas City (63-89) (4)

Obviously HUGE advantage to the Rays.

It looks like I was VERY premature looking forward to a Rays-Twins series. It looks like the Rays should win the division and play Texas in the LDS.

So, your Red Sox STILL can play a HUGE part in the outcome of the AL East !

Ray's, Don't take any of the teams left on your schedule for granted, each can jump up and beat you if your not paying attention.
Particularly the Royals.

So, your Red Sox STILL can play a HUGE part in the outcome of the AL East !

Yep......not to mention HFA between Twins and Yankees/Rays.

Ray's, Don't take any of the teams left on your schedule for granted, each can jump up and beat you if your not paying attention.
Particularly the Royals.

I think out of those three teams, it's the Orioles I'd be most concerned about. The O's have played good ball since Buck Showalter took over.

Wouldn't tied records after 162 lead to a game 163 (like the Twins played the last two years), regardless of head-to-head? They don't even use head-to-head to decide who gets to play that game at home, just a coin flip.

Wouldn't tied records after 162 lead to a game 163 (like the Twins played the last two years), regardless of head-to-head? They don't even use head-to-head to decide who gets to play that game at home, just a coin flip.

Don't think they do that anymore ....

If the teams have same record in the division, they play a game for the division, like the Twins and Wh Sox did a few years back.
The coin flip was for Home Field.

Now that I think about it, I really don't know for sure, you bring up a GREAT point thou because all three could be tied.

Personally, I would go with head to head percentages, but I'm sure baseball has something else .... probably will play a playoff to determine TB and NY seeing they are in the same division and the Twins already are in regardless.

Anything to extend the playoffs so teams don't get any rest before hand.

Bill would probably know better about this than me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts