MLB 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theo Epstein was on WEEI this morning and they talked about the younger people not having an interest in baseball . MLB is trying to do something about it. Theo also said the games need to be shorter. I agree.

I think the game should be shorter as well. I do not know how many games you can stick into this time frame, but for weather reasons, regular season games should between May 1st and mid to late September. NO play should be played after October 21st. Play MORE games during the day would help too.

Theo Epstein was on WEEI this morning and they talked about the younger people not having an interest in baseball . MLB is trying to do something about it. Theo also said the games need to be shorter. I agree.

Well, since we're talking about kids, we can make the games shorter by playing six innings like Little League!

Sandra

One way to accomidate this would be to schedule Double Headers again, if every team played 5 DH's a year, that cuts a week off the schedule.

Then baseball would add ANOTHER round of playoffs ...ugh
I like the playoffs the way they are, adding another round would diminish the regular season ...

One way to accomidate this would be to schedule Double Headers again, if every team played 5 DH's a year, that cuts a week off the schedule.

Then baseball would add ANOTHER round of playoffs ...ugh
I like the playoffs the way they are, adding another round would diminish the regular season ...
That ain't happening. The owners have gotten too used to the revenue created by eliminating those scheduled double-headers.

cosmo_kramer said:
That ain't happening. The owners have gotten too used to the revenue created by eliminating those scheduled double-headers.

Oh, I agree ....
But it WOULD do the job to get the WS out of November...

Oh, I agree ....
But it WOULD do the job to get the WS out of November...
Separate admission double-headers would be the only thing they would consider, like what happens sometimes when a rainout is rescheduled. Say like a 1pm and 7pm start....

cosmo_kramer said:
Separate admission double-headers would be the only thing they would consider, like what happens sometimes when a rainout is rescheduled. Say like a 1pm and 7pm start....

Even though that's not the "True" meaning of a Double Header, that would work to shorten the season by about a week !

BTW, for those interested. The MLB At Bat 2011 APPs came out yesterday. Prices down from last year

Exciting times for us Reds fans.

The only disappointment I have is that it use to be that the REDS were the 1st game every year..... now it's just about any team. :-(
I wish they kept it that way as well.

This will also be the first time ever the Dodgers homeopener will not be an afternoon game. Baseball games need to be played during the day, particularly opening day games

Yeah Cincy use to always open the season 1st. I thought because ESPN didnt make MLB start a day early that maybe the Reds would be 1st.
nope
Yankees/Tigers at 1:00 EDT

Baseball games need to be played during the day, particularly opening day games
and home openers :)

I wish they kept it that way as well.

This will also be the first time ever the Dodgers homeopener will not be an afternoon game. Baseball games need to be played during the day, particularly opening day games

I agree completely. I think there should be less games and most during the day like it use to be. But, $$$$ plays a part into everything...and it sometimes ruins everything.

The only disappointment I have is that it use to be that the REDS were the 1st game every year..... now it's just about any team. :-(

I heard that they sold the right to have the first game back when Marge was the owner.

First time with MLB.TV and loving it so far. I have two games currently streaming and projected onto my smart board in the classroom as my students are hard a work. When the two other games begin in about 15 minutes I will have 4 games displayed at the same time.

Students are working well and not distracted at all. Most just view it as white visual noise

Wow, the Reds are starting the season off right by giving up back to back HR's to the first 2 batters.

I think there should be less games and most during the day like it use to be. But, $$$$ plays a part into everything...and it sometimes ruins everything.

actually here in Minnesota the Twins have a lot of day game early and late in the season...for obvious reasons. In April and May I'd rather sit outside during the day and watch the game instead of at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)