MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanrahan was nothing special and, to be honest, I'm glad he didn't land on the Tigers roster since I was getting some of those Brad Penny vibes.

It looks as though they're going with Rondon. Okay, don't stone me....but, what if the Tigers were able to resign Valverde for 1-year @ 5 million (almost half-salary) assuming Senior Tubby agrees to drop 25 lbs. and maintain that weight during the season? If we get him at that price, there is some hope that he may have decent season and give Rondon some time to hone his skills.

This is where I think Hanrahan came in to the picture, Sign him for a year, maybe two and give Rondon the 8th inning to get ready, 9th from time to time.
As for Valverde ........ long pause .... after watching him this year, I think I would pass .... he was POOR at best all year, remember, he blew alot of games this year, unlike the year before.

Talk in Boston is that the Napoli deal may fall through (due to hip issues) and that the team is in talks with free agent Adam LaRoche.

Just a way to drum up more sales.

Same goes with the Tigers ones ... then again, if they are as Ugly as Satjay is saying, maybe not ! (I haven't seen them yet)

Yes it is and you will see more teams start to do this

Teams have done that type of thing every year ....

Many teams have an "Alternate " Jersey as well that doesn't get wore during the year, usually having Black in it.

Yes The St.Louis Cardinals changed there 1 of the jerseys to like older stale ones :) Video: Cardinals' new jersey logo....Cardinals president Bill DeWitt, III, introduced the team's new logo for their Saturday home games during a presentation on Friday, Nov. 16, 2012 at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. [video]http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/video-cardinals-new-jersey-logo/html_347715d2-b5bd-5a1e-9e8e-d9409d1ce8f9.html[/video] New jersey for Cardinals http://www.stltoday.com/news/multim...age_9558cdd4-fbd2-5a99-8f21-884b653c2368.html Cards blend and revisit history in new look for 2013 http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...cle_fe796d7f-ecef-58f3-a261-44f626f5bb10.html ...Video is best look of the jersey :)

As far as Spring Training caps, don't all the teams wear the same design caps with thier team logo on it ?

Slightly different designs than the normal ones (additional piping)...

20-13568-MediumImage.jpg
20-13561-MediumImage.jpg
20-13562-MediumImage.jpg

The Rangers are bound and determined to piss off their fan base by signing Lance Berkman. I would have rather paid Mike Napoli to DH; at least he played more last year than Berkman did. :mad:

The Rangers are bound and determined to piss off their fan base by signing Lance Berkman. I would have rather paid Mike Napoli to DH; at least he played more last year than Berkman did. :mad:
Napoli is injured as well.

A healthy Berkman is much more productive than Napoli and Young combined.

Napoli is injured as well.

A healthy Berkman is much more productive than Napoli and Young combined.

Yeah, but I would rather take Napoli's attitude and personality over Berkman and A.J. any day. Both guys have shown to be jerks in the past. I haven't forgotten Berkman's "opinion" on how the Rangers would do in 2011 nor have I forgotten A.J.'s rant against Ron Washington last year about not being selected to the All-Star team.

Now that my Irish got destroyed I say bring on the baseball season. This is about the time of year I start to get excited even to see some spring training baseball. I will have my MLB.tv subscription fired up and ready for as much spring training ball as possible. Pitchers and catchers report February 11th and the Tigers first spring training game is February 22nd against the Braves. The Tigers start their regular season April 1st at Minnesota with the home opener on the 5th against the Yankees. I plan on being there for opening day again this year. If any of my fellow Tigers fans are going let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCAA Tournament "First Round"

Baseball Project Montreal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)