MLB 2012 Postseason

It boggles my mind that the A's are three outs away from sweeping the Rangers and taking the AL West crown.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Besides, 8:30 on a Friday night? I don't care if you live on the moon, if your team is playing you'll watch it!

I got 2-3 hours sleep a night for almost the whole month of October of '04. I'm glad I did it and would gladly do it again. Unfortunately, I'm going to get enough sleep this month though.... :(

I got 2-3 hours sleep a night for almost the whole month of October of '04. I'm glad I did it and would gladly do it again. Unfortunately, I'm going to get enough sleep this month though.... :(

Same here. That week ( games 4-7 of the ALCS and the four game sweep in the World Series) everyone I know was a zombie! Game 5 of the ALCS started at 4:00 and didn't end until 11:00! :eek:

I haven't watched a whole lot of A's games even with my MLB.tv subscription this year but I have to say it's great to see a full stadium of fans really into the game in Oakland. I'm used to seeing it half empty when the Tigers come to town. I thought it was just awesome seeing the whole crowd go nuts to that metal song while Balfour warmed up to close out the 9th.

Yeah, I know the samething. The fans went crazy for Balfour in the 9th. It was surprising to me. Nice to see Oakland having a packed house too. Like I mentioned earlier, I think the Rangers were in first place the whole year and now there not. I think theres magic for the A's. I mean the A's are down 5-1 and score 6 runs in the bottom of the 4th. Usually, if your down 5-1, its over.

And for A's fans with a 5:30 PT start, right in the middle of rush hour. Of course, right now that appears moot as the A's looked poised to close the deal in the AL West.
With early starts you have the option to watch or listen on other sources, or record and watch later.

Playoff schedule (and start times) now confirmed through Saturday:

Fri. Oct. 5th
N.L. Wild Card Game, STL @ ATL
5:07 p.m. (ET)
TBS
Fri. Oct. 5th
A.L. Wild Card Game, BAL @ TEX
8:37 p.m. (ET)
TBS
Sat. Oct. 6th
ALDS Game 1, OAK @ DET
6:07 p.m. (ET)
TBS
Sat. Oct. 6th
NLDS Game 1, CIN @ SF
9:37 p.m. (ET)/6:37 p.m. (PT)
TBS

Last edited:
Bill, thank you for putting the playoff schedule up. I dont know if I just got stupid or what over the past couple of months but I was really confused on who's going to play who.

Seems like the last day of the season is a little anti-climatic as opposed to last year? Don't you think?

Bill, thank you for putting the playoff schedule up. I dont know if I just got stupid or what over the past couple of months but I was really confused on who's going to play who.

Seems like the last day of the season is a little anti-climatic as opposed to last year? Don't you think?

Last year's final day was the most bizarre ending ever.

What ?
Anti Climatic ?
Thats what Selig wanted the extra WC team for, so it wouldn't be anti climatic, gee can we get rid of the extra WC now ?

Fri. Oct. 5th
N.L. Wild Card Game, STL @ ATL
5:07 p.m. (ET)
TBS
Fri. Oct. 5th
A.L. Wild Card Game, BAL @ TEX
8:37 p.m. (ET)
TBS
Sat. Oct. 6th
ALDS Game 1, OAK @ DET
6:07 p.m. (ET)
TBS
Sat. Oct. 6th
NLDS Game 1, CIN @ SF
9:37 p.m. (ET)/6:37 p.m. (PT)
TBS

updated

The Yankees and Nationals will open their respective series on the road, at the WC winners, on Sunday.

If you dont like the Yankees, you better hope the Yankees play the Orioles. I think the Orioles are gutsy, gritty and the Rangers look shot. They got swept by the A's and they seem to be reeling right now.

If you dont like the Yankees, you better hope the Yankees play the Orioles. I think the Orioles are gutsy, gritty and the Rangers look shot. They got swept by the A's and they seem to be reeling right now.

IF it gets there, the Tigers will beat the yankees, they have a pretty good history against them with this generation of players for the Tigers in Post Season play. (since '06 we'll say)

Fri. Oct. 5thN.L. Wild Card Game, STL @ ATL5:07 p.m. (ET)TBS
Fri. Oct. 5thA.L. Wild Card Game, BAL @ TEX8:37 p.m. (ET)TBS
Sat. Oct. 6thALDS Game 1, OAK @ DET6:07 p.m. (ET)TBS
Sat. Oct. 6thNLDS Game 1, CIN @ SF9:37 p.m. (ET)/6:37 p.m. (PT)TBS

Ugh! That is a late start for the Reds fans.

What ?
Anti Climatic ?
Thats what Selig wanted the extra WC team for, so it wouldn't be anti climatic, gee can we get rid of the extra WC now ?

I like the extra Wild Card game. Makes the WC team have to really earn their spot and puts more emphasis on winning your division.

Always nice to see the GOOD things NFL players do

Report: NBC Universal front-runner US EPL television rights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts