MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come the end of the season, the teams with the biggest payrolls will have very good records. When I look at the American League standings, I'm not as interested in how far the Red Sox are behind Baltimore and Toronto as I am in where they stand with respect to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Detroit.

Looks like Texas came up with a nice pickup:

Free agent pitcher Roy Oswalt has signed with the Texas Rangers, sources told ESPN's Karl Ravech on Tuesday.
The sources said that if Oswalt is called up by July 1, he gets $8 million pro-rated -- 4 million in his pocket. He can also earn an extra $1 million in incentives if he makes 10 starts. The deal was first reported by The Dallas Morning News.

Sources -- Texas Rangers sign free agent pitcher Roy Oswalt to deal - ESPN Dallas

This doesn't surprise me at all, Oswalt decided long ago he was going to sign with whoever he could find that had the best chance to win...
And thats his choice, nothing wrong with it, however he had many suitors for his services , including many top teams as well and turned them down ... Why didn't he just say, I'm gonna play for the Rangers or no one in the beginning ?

The Angels continue to give the Yankees a helluva time. Another win and now the Angels are above .500 with the Rangers coming in this weekend.

IF ONLY.... LOL! IF Josh Johnson was is usual Josh Johnson self and IF Heath Bell was HIS ususal self. As is the case, the Marlins on 1 1/2 games behind the National after taking 2 of the 1st 3 games against the Nationals. Marlin are 20-8 in May.

What can you say about Giancarlo Stanton....? Wow... he struggled to start the season because he really did not have a spring training...his April was his spring training. This month, talk about 'Miami Heat'! He is hitting above .375 with 11 HRs and 28 RBIs and an OPS of 1.164!

Nice story in Miami. The Salano brothers, one a catcher for the Nats, the other, an infielder for the Marlins...meet in this series. Just last week, were in AAA and AA respectively.

I think we are now looking at the beginning of the end of the Dodgers season.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

If the Pirates' bats ever come alive, look out!

.500 team with the fewest runs scored of any team in the majors, AAA, AA, and A. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)