MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lin got pipped by the newest Red Sox acquisition, Scott Posednick, who just hit the game winning run against the Orioles this afternoon.

His wife is a babe:

1282162509_img2.jpg

Here's a more appropriate, sports themed picture:
Lisa+Dergan.jpg

Okay, maybe he hits HR's more often than he's given credit for! :eek:

My wife walked by last night when I was viewing this thread and said "So, are those the satellites you guys talk about all day??" :p

Holy crap.... she must have JUST gotten off the phone with my wife she almost LITERALLY said the same thing....LOL!

..."that cannot be this satellite thread you supposedly talk in every day....?"

The MONSTER dong hit last night by Giancarlo Stanton not only went REALLY far, it did some SERIOUS damage to the scoreboard in left field. This is from my buddy's phone last night in the game against the Rockies.

Notice the scoreboard beyond the left field foul pole after the home run. On the bottom left hand side of the scoreboard, you will notice some blackout boxes...THAT'S where he hit it. Oh yeah, it was ANOTHER grand slam.

That blacked out area was there before the home run was hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
raoul5788 said:
That blacked out area was there before the home run was hit.

Aaahhh....seeing that (A) I have been to multiple games and already and seen the scoreboard do its thing before the Stanton HR, (B) You have to look at the scoreboard while he is rounding the bases as it is lit up and (C) every single media outlet, both national and local, talk about it for days after... It is safe to say you may need to check your eyes and ears. ;-)

On another subject...don't look now but the Angels are doing everything they couldn't do in the month of April. They are winning games and making plays like we all expected them to do. If they can keep it up, it may actually be fun to see the next Rangers/Angels series. With Hamilton and Pujols hitting HR's left & right it could be something to see.

KCK_Halo said:
On another subject...don't look now but the Angels are doing everything they couldn't do in the month of April. They are winning games and making plays like we all expected them to do. If they can keep it up, it may actually be fun to see the next Rangers/Angels series. With Hamilton and Pujols hitting HR's left & right it could be something to see.

I think it only a matter of time for Pujols and the Angels. And, Hamilton and the Rangers have stolen the headlines with their play.

Two reasons:

1. The old no good veteran outfield has been replaced by younger talent
  2. Pujol's is finally hitting

Aaahhh....seeing that (A) I have been to multiple games and already and seen the scoreboard do its thing before the Stanton HR, (B) You have to look at the scoreboard while he is rounding the bases as it is lit up and (C) every single media outlet, both national and local, talk about it for days after... It is safe to say you may need to check your eyes and ears. ;-)

I went back and looked again. BEFORE the hr is hit, there is a blacked out area just to the left of the foul pole. Well after the ball hit the scoreboard, if it did, the screen changed and a new area was blacked out, near the original area. I'm guessing the scoreboard is faulty.

Edit: I checked another video of the hr, and it definitely hit the scoreboard. You can see exactly where and when it hit it. The panel didn't go out right away. I still think the scoreboard is faulty.

Last edited:
Come the end of the season, the teams with the biggest payrolls will have very good records. When I look at the American League standings, I'm not as interested in how far the Red Sox are behind Baltimore and Toronto as I am in where they stand with respect to New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)