MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
More on the defense.

First base is not a defensive position anyway. Someone winning one GG after another is not as important as one putting up huge numbers (yes, Teixeira has put up huge numbers during his career)

Gonzalez has one a GG 3 of the last 4 seasons, including last year over Teixeira. So why he is not on some all time defensive list is unknown, perhaps because he hasn't won enough of them? I would be willing to bet that if he played in a larger market, he would have won even more GG earlier in his career and would then make this list.

GGs aren't all that important in my eyes. Once you win one, you are much more likely to win more whether you deserve it or not. I don't know why you don't think 1st base isn't a defensive position. A great one makes the rest of the infield better, a bad one hurts them.

I like what Vinny just said. As he is reading the current box score for the game he says, "2 runs and 2 hits by the Marlins. Although you could cut up the HR by Stanton and get 5 hits out of it."

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

The Red Sox went 18 for 48 (.375), which means that the five starters who had two or more base hits got to see their batting averages go up. Yep, it is now that time of year...

Now the Red Sox at 17 for 35 in the eighth, but on the verge of losing anyway. They miss Beckett, who was scheduled to pitch for them tonight.

Stanton's HR was estimated at 451. Which is not only far in any stadium, it is really far in Dodger stadium. The ball just doesn't carry at night here in the damp and heavy cool nighttime marine air.

DodgerKing said:
He clobbered it. That was one of the furthest hit in that stadium.

Alas...the only highlight for the Marlins. The powerful Dodger pounded Josh Johnson tonight.

DodgerKing said:
I like what Vinny just said. As he is reading the current box score for the game he says, "2 runs and 2 hits by the Marlins. Although you could cut up the HR by Stanton and get 5 hits out of it."

Scully is just the smoothest voice doing sports. Never rushed, never panicky...and eventhough he is the Dodgers play-by-play man, he gets just as excited on a great play by the OTHER team as he does on a great play for the Dodgers....because he is a baseball fan.

Ethier is 4 for 4 for the second straight game. He has now hit safely in 10 straight at bats (10 for 10).

Stanton's HR was estimated at 451. Which is not only far in any stadium, it is really far in Dodger stadium. The ball just doesn't carry at night here in the damp and heavy cool nighttime marine air.

Whats the temp out there ?
Maybe I'll swap you temps ... I think it's still a muggy 85 here. :eek:

Now the Red Sox at 17 for 35 in the eighth, but on the verge of losing anyway. They miss Beckett, who was scheduled to pitch for them tonight.

They did it! From ESPN.com:

This is just the 3rd time in Royals history they won a game when allowing 20+ hits. The others were: September 29, 1970 at Minnesota and July 21, 2002 vs the Indians.

This is the 7th time in the Live Ball Era (and the 4th time at home) that the Red Sox have lost a game with 20+ hits. The last time was on September 3, 1981 vs Seattle.

The good news is, the Red Sox team batting average went up by two points.

The Red Sox went 86 years (1918-2004) without winning a World Series, which must have seemed like an eternity for anyone who was around for both.

They won it again in 2007, and I have to tell you, THAT seems like 86 years ago! :eek:

Bill, how do you the Red Sox lose a 9-2 lead to the Royals of all teams?? And then lose in extra innings?? What a tough year for the Red Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)