MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johan Santana just pitched the Mets first ever no hitter.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Any idea why tonight's Pirates-Brewers game is not being broadcast anywhere?

Just shaking my head. :no

On Saturdays, FOX has exclusive rights to MLB programming during a certain time slot. That time slot used to be in the afternoon, but during this summer they moved it to primetime (starting at 7 eastern). During the FOX time slot, all games not covered by FOX (they usually cover 5 or 6) are blacked out everywhere because of the agreement.

Bucs-Brewers isn’t one of the FOX games this week, but that doesn’t automatically mean the game was doomed to be blacked out. You’ll notice that the Pirates will play some 4:05 home games on Saturdays in the coming weeks — these games would normally be at 7, of course, but the Pirates moved them up so the games can be televised. For whatever reason, the Brewers didn’t do that tonight. I don’t know if they have a good reason for not doing that, but the result will be a lot of annoyed Pirates and Brewers fans tonight.

Does FOX really think that because they are not televising a fan's team, that that fan will watch one of the other games that Fox is broadcasting?

Just shaking my head. :no

Does FOX really think that because they are not televising a fan's team, that that fan will watch one of the other games that Fox is broadcasting?

I do. I'm not just a Yankee fan, I'm a baseball fan.

Strasmas report:
Code:
Pitcher 	IP   R  ER BB  SO  HR  PC-ST  ERA
S Strasburg
(W, 6-1)	7.0  0   0  0   9   0  90-59  2.35

Hey now! All of a sudden the AL West is a "game". Angels win the series against the Rangers last night and are now 3.5 behind them. They can sweep them with a win today in Anaheim. (Remember when the Angels were 9 games out and looking glum?)

Best thing to happen to them was to sit those old outfielders and let the younger more talented players play.

Moneyball, shmoneyball. Over the last ten games, the two American League East teams with the highest payrolls, the Yankees and Red Sox, are tied for the best record at 7-3, the West team with the highest payroll has the best record in that division, 9-1, and the team with the second highest payroll has the second best record, and in the Central, the team with the highest payroll has the second best record and the team with the second highest record has the best record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts