MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aceves needs to have his head examined. He had a temper tantrum because the team's All Star closer returned from injury and closed a day after Aceves had one of the poorest outings of his brief career.

Aceves leads the league with blown saves with seven. Aceves ERA of 4.6 is about double that of a successful closer.

Aceves should be grateful to have been removed from the closer role. He is worth more as a jack of all trades, like he was last year. Aceves has made, so far, about $2 million dollars playing professional baseball. Derek Lowe started out as a middle reliever, then became a better closer than Aceves could ever dream of being, but then was installed as a starter when the Red Sox obtained a natural closer, Ugweth Urbina, where Lowe flourished. Lowe made about $3 million in his five years as a reliever but over $100 million as a starter. Tim Wakefield, for a decade and a half, did whatever his manager told him to do. He even became closer one year, and then a regular starter and then a long reliever/spot starter and made over $40 million being the jack of all pitching trades that he wouldn't have made as a closer. Aceves was on the short list to become a back end of the rotation starter. Now he will either be traded or non-tendered. Nice going.

Scully is just the smoothest voice doing sports. Never rushed, never panicky...and eventhough he is the Dodgers play-by-play man, he gets just as excited on a great play by the OTHER team as he does on a great play for the Dodgers....because he is a baseball fan.

An we have him for yet one more season in 2013...God willing!!!!

Just when you things are turned around you get whacked in the cup!!!! Headcase Santana gives up back-to-back HR in Detroit! This just sucks so much it hurts!!!!!

Max scherzer doing his thing. Tigers need this win to stay pace, big week upcoming with a labor day series with the sox.

I don't think Vinny has pronounced Punto's name correctly yet.
These are all of the variations I have heard him say.

Pinto
Puntu
Pintu
Punt-O
Pento
Punti
Pewto

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Pinto
Puntu
Pintu
Punt-O
Pento
Punti
Pewto

WARNING: Bad pun time

Dodge(r) Pinto?

If Dice-K is given Aaron Cook's spot in the rotation, he would get in eight starts this year. Then his contract runs out.

He now has a new arm. What if he pitches "lights out" for the remainder of the season? He's only 30 years old.

Code:
Pitchers:    IP   H  R ER BB SO HR  PC-ST  ERA 
D Matsuzaka: 7.0  5  1  0  2  6  0  101-71 5.10

Pinto
Puntu
Pintu
Punt-O
Pento
Punti
Pewto

I see Vin re upped for another year !

I am very glad to hear that, I love listening to him when I have a chance.

They can put all the Yankee games on there and Fox and ignore my Giants. I cringe every time the Giants are on either Fox or ESPN and I have to put up with their announcers that babble incessantly and detract from the game.

I only watch ESPN on Sunday night for baseball...often with the sound muted and listen to music while watching. Having the Extra Innings package I have really no interest in their broadcasts .

From ESPN's official release on this:

ESPN has made a commitment to showcase each of baseball's 30 teams at least once per season in a live game telecast.

I notice that whenever a team makes a trade to get powerful hitters, those teams seldom seem to be as powerful as they should.

I think the Dodgers would score more runs if they still had Harrison batting cleanup. It is despicable to see such a powerful offense unable to score runs in CO against horrible CO pitchers.

Dodgers simply suck. They are pathetic; they really are.

I am tired of getting my hopes up and having them crushed day after day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)