MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, did Jerry Meals ever blow that call at first! The Yankees would have tied the game. Teixeira was safe by about two feet!

I don't know where the Angels will end up after all is said and done this season, but I DO know that after a night like last night, we in SoCal are truly blessed to have a player like Mike Trout to watch every night and call our own. He is one incredible player who truly looks like he is just loving life and playing his game. He truly takes the sting away from the rotten July and August the Angels had overall.

I really dont want to hear about the Yankees complaining about bad calls. They have received favorable calls over the years.

KCK, did you read Bob Nightengale's column in the USA Today Friday? He was talking about who could replace Bobby Valentine and he brought up Mike Scioscia. Have you heard anything that Scioscia could be fired? I think its a mistake. He's a very good manager. The Angels will regret it if they do.

I really dont want to hear about the Yankees complaining about bad calls. They have received favorable calls over the years.

KCK, did you read Bob Nightengale's column in the USA Today Friday? He was talking about who could replace Bobby Valentine and he brought up Mike Scioscia. Have you heard anything that Scioscia could be fired? I think its a mistake. He's a very good manager. The Angels will regret it if they do.

Oh yes! During the dark days of August when the entire Angels pitching staff went to hell the talk was Scioscia was dead meat if they didn't make the playoffs. Now they have really come back and are making a (IMHO too late) decent run for a widcard berth, so the talk has chilled.

If the Angels are in 3rd place for the wildcard I think Mike is safe. If they are any lower or if things go South from here on out, he is gone. Now HERE is the real kicker...the talk is Angels get Tito and Mike goes to Boston!!!!

My take? I LOVE Mike and he is a superior field manager. However, I think his message with this particular club is going unheard by most players...those who have been around him the longest. I personally have stopped listening to his pre and post-game interviews because I have tired of his same-old words and mantras. So I can see how the players may have, too.

I would like to see Terry Francona come here with a fresh, new playbook and attitude. He is a proven winner and ready to coach a big market yeam again. Mike will continue to be a great manager elsewhere...until his stuff grows old on his team.

I've heard awhile back that Scoscia is going to Detroit to take over for Leyland.

Oh yes! During the dark days of August when the entire Angels pitching staff went to hell the talk was Scioscia was dead meat if they didn't make the playoffs. Now they have really come back and are making a (IMHO too late) decent run for a widcard berth, so the talk has chilled.

If the Angels are in 3rd place for the wildcard I think Mike is safe. If they are any lower or if things go South from here on out, he is gone. Now HERE is the real kicker...the talk is Angels get Tito and Mike goes to Boston!!!!

My take? I LOVE Mike and he is a superior field manager. However, I think his message with this particular club is going unheard by most players...those who have been around him the longest. I personally have stopped listening to his pre and post-game interviews because I have tired of his same-old words and mantras. So I can see how the players may have, too.

I would like to see Terry Francona come here with a fresh, new playbook and attitude. He is a proven winner and ready to coach a big market yeam again. Mike will continue to be a great manager elsewhere...until his stuff grows old on his team.

Isn't that the same with ANY manager/team ?

Mark Teixeira will miss at least four games due to his injured left calf and won't return to the New York Yankees' lineup until Friday at the earliest.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Teixeira will have an MRI on Monday and acknowledged his concern that the star first baseman could be done for the rest of the regular season.

Teixeira Could Miss Remainder Of Season

I've heard awhile back that Scoscia is going to Detroit to take over for Leyland.

Suffice to say that if Mike is booted from the Angels, he will be out of work less than 24 hours. He has a long, long time left on his contract here but he has not seen eye-to-eye with Jerry DiPoto all season.

Westbrook will miss start with sore oblique While manager Mike Matheny only termed that a possibility, Westbrook, who received a cortisone shot, was more certain and had his doubts about the remainder of the season http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...cle_10f886b6-fa9a-11e1-9d04-001a4bcf6878.html Cardinals lose westbrook to Obliquie strain and could be lost for season.Cardinals should of used the money to re-sign Lohse over westbrook since Lohse is more reliable than Westbrook and can go longer in games but with Scott Boras as Lohse agent it is understandable :)

KCK, what I highlighted in bold, I think is the samething that happened with Terry Francona and Boston. So if he goes to the Angels, the samething could happen.

Suffice to say that if Mike is booted from the Angels, he will be out of work less than 24 hours. He has a long, long time left on his contract here but he has not seen eye-to-eye with Jerry DiPoto all season.

Very surprising to hear that. I mean I thought Mike would continue to be there. Not to get the pom-poms out but I just think hes a good manager. Do you think Dipoto goes instead of Scioscia?

Many coaches lose their touch within their current location because they refuse to adapt their messages and styles. Excellent cases in point come from the NHL last season both Randy Carlysle and Bruce Beaudroux are excellent coaches. Their messages got stale and their players flat out tuned-them out. Look what happened...Bruce was out of work all of a week and wound up replacing Randy who was out for about a month and has a primo job coaching the Maple Leafs!

DiPoto will remain as Angels GM as he pulled off blockbuster deals to rejuvinate SoCal baseball and bring in big name players. He has since been upstaged by the Dodgers but that is a great thing for SoCal MLB. With the O'Malley $$ now running the Padres they willl be making blockbuster deals this coming offseason. It's a fun time to be here for baseball season! With the way the Angels are curently playing Mike will stay if they continue to win even if they don't make the playoffs. Same with the Dodgers...alot of new players trying to gel midseason and win the division? That is tough to do. As long as the angels end up playing strong to the finish Mike will remain...unless the power struggle between him and Jerry is too big to live thru.

What kind of cable TV ratings and more importantly, audience size are the Angels and Dodgers getting? I saw some figures from two years ago that they each were delivering under 1.2% of ther Nielsen audience, whereas St Louis, Boston and Cincinnati were like around 7 to 8%. I was surprised to see that after the Yankees, the second largest audience was for the Mets, followed by Philadelphia and then Boston, but the list I saw only showed the top draw teams.

Ciriaco just got another hit in his second at bat, raising his batting average up from .571 to .600.

Hall-of-Fame! Hall-of-Fame! Hall-of-Fame!!

Ciriaco has more recently gotten just 6 hits in his last 51 at bats, lowering his season average to .301, so if he makes an out in his next at bat, in just a few minutes, it is likely that his batting average will stay below .300 for whatever remains of his major league career. He was available cheap for a reason.

Hall-of-Shame!! Hall-of-Shame!! Hall-of-Shame!!

The Yankees lead Baltimore and Oakland by one game and Tampa Bay by two and a half. I just realized that if those teams finish the season with better record than the Yankees, then not one of the teams with the FIVE biggest payrolls will make the playoffs in this, the first year that TEN TEAMS make the playoffs.

The Yankees are again tied with Baltimore but now, trail Oakland by a game. They lead Tampa Bay by 2 and the Angels by 2-1/2. Baltimore and Tampa Bay have 5 more games against each other, which is good for the Yankees because, when one of them wins, the other one loses, but beyond that, none of the other teams that the Yankees are now scrambling with to assure at least a wildcard spot play other teams from that carousel more than one series each.

Reds are now up 10 1/2 games. Biggest lead in the majors. I hope they don't try to coast from here on out.

So I guess the Pirates are out of it? Same for the Dodgers? Good part about baseball is around this time you see some teams in contention but as the season goes on, those teams fade away. I was looking forward to seeing the Pirates make a run. I think they have been struggling mightly lately.

5 losses in a row, 9 losses in the last 11. 5-15 in their last 20. Yeah, they are struggling mightily. Stick a fork in them.

The Giants keep winning, but they're doing it with hitting (yes, hitting) and their pitching has really tailed off, mainly Bumgarner and Vogelsong (Lincecum and Zito are always a crapshoot anyway). Just curious if anyone else has noticed the pitching on their teams showing fatigue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts